Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 85. The King’s Cold Nature V
562 12 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 85. The King's Cold Nature V

Without waiting for Angel's answer, Rose spoke again.
"The war has complicated so many things and you know it. Believe me. You have messed up my mind more than you thought. I don't even understand why a dead man could have occupied my heart for 5 years." A short pause followed. Each of them was lost in their own thoughts. But in the end, Rose decided to confess.
"I love you, Angelus. Yet I'm afraid of you."

That surprised him. His cold face couldn't even hide it anymore. Her honesty was good progress for both of them.

He released his grip.
"Is it because of my dark power?" he guessed. That was all that popped into his head. After all, wasn't that the main reason why his family hated him?

"I was. But now, rather than your power, I'm more afraid of yourself," she admitted. She realized that, despite his dark power, he didn't kill other people mindlessly.

"Me?" asked Angel in obvious confusion.

"Yes. You analyze your enemies and make them dance in your palm as if you can read their minds. Not only them but also me..." It frightened her. No, fright was not the right word. Likewise with doubt.

"I admire you. Your leadership. Your strength. Your power. How you can make everyone submit to you. But I'm also afraid since I don't know if this is your plan or not. I can't tell if what you are saying is a real thing or not. Whether your confession was part of your plan or not." She paused for a moment since this last confession was the hardest thing for her to say.
"I can't tell if you really love me or I'm just your chess piece... I don't blame you for that. You are a king, you just do what you're supposed to do."

Then Rose's eyes softened.
"But on the other hand... I know I've fallen hard with you, Angelus. And this doubt is driving me crazy." She hated to admit this but it was the truth. She felt like... Her logic and her heart kept fighting inside of her.

Angel was speechless. But he knew everything had two different sides. It was his sharp analysis that allowed him to rebuild this kingdom and win the war. Yet the same ability made her afraid of him.
"Tell me. What can I do to make you believe me?" He knew words alone wouldn't be enough to prove it. So were his actions. This indeed was his plan, but his feeling was real to the point this plan didn't look like a plan anymore. This was a real thing. The only thing he needed was King Eudon's approval upon their relationship.

She shook her head from side to side.
"I don't know..." Yet, despite her fear and doubt, she felt like a butterfly entangled in a cobweb. The more she fought, the more she fell in love with him. She knew sooner or later she would belong to him.

In the middle of that talk, Chancellor Allan came. He bowed politely.
"My apologies for disturbing you, Your Majesty." The Chancellor didn't know what they were talking about. To be sure he had waited long enough. But he decided to submit his report before sunset.

Upon the Chancellor's voice, they stopped their conversation and turned to him.

Knowing this place was unsuitable for this conversation in the first place, Rose decided to end it. She returned her gaze to Angel.
"Please keep this a secret." She was afraid, if he told someone, it would lead to another misunderstanding.

"You have my words," he replied.

Without a warning, she drew closer and kissed him. It just happened naturally. It was a sign that her feelings were real one. It shocked Angel and The Chancellor.

Angel tried to regain his composure as fast as he could despite his heart beating fast. He didn't expect Rose to do this bold thing in front of Chancellor Allan. Even though he was surprised by that, he was very happy that Rose had started to reciprocate his feelings.

"Thank you for everything you've done for me," she said. Rose's heart was also beating fast, yet she tried to stay calm. Still, her blushing cheeks said it all. Unable to cover her expression, she decided to leave.
"See you at dinner." She nodded at the shocked Chancellor to excuse herself.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

17