Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 87. The Cold King’s Romance II
492 8 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 87. The Cold King's Romance II

After they arrived at the study room, Angel and Chancellor Allan quickly got down to the business. Chancellor Allan handed the Pearl Gate City report to Angel and he immediately checked it. Angel knew at some point, he wouldn't be able to cover this up from the twins anymore and he had to take them to the requiem. Of course, after the evacuation was over.

But there was one problem that bothered him, he wasn't sure the twins could accept the fact that they had to miss out on the Mayor's funeral. Still... He had to tell them.

"Thank you for your report Chancellor," said Angel. As usual, he was sitting behind his desk. While Chancellor Allan stood in front of him. His hand placed the report in the drawer.
"Before I forget, Rose and I are leaving next month. So I'll leave this Castle to you for a while," he continued. The sun had already set so he decided to end this conversation.

"Are you going to take a break, Your Majesty?" Chancellor Allan asked. Judging from what happened at the training ground and their previous short conversation, Chancellor Allan guessed that Angel was going on a honeymoon.

"It's not a break. She insisted on coming with me since I said that was a special place for me."

"May I know where it is, Your Majesty?" What Angel said made him even more curious.

"Pearl Gate City."

His answer took Chancellor Allan by surprise.
"W-What? Why?" he said in a stammering voice. The city would only hurt Rose. Not to mention the scene would traumatize her. Although he was curious about the city, just from Angel's anger and expression when the tragedy occurred, it was enough to describe how terrifying the place was.

"We have to deploy the antidote there," he replied.

"But can't you spread it yourself by..." The Chancellor drew closer to Angel before he continued.
"Using your spell," he said in a low voice. It was the most efficient way and he was sure Angel knew it too. So why did he choose to go there with Rose manually? Why didn't he use his teleportation and use his time to spend more time with his wife?

Angel sighed.
"She wanted to come and pay respect for the death. I couldn't refuse it." It was a sign that she cared about his kingdom. Besides that, he hoped that what she saw in Pearl Gate City later could make her understand why he could go as far as to attack three kingdoms at once after that.

"But wouldn't it be better to take her to a better place? I mean a honeymoon to a ghost city is..."

Before Chancellor Allan could finish his words, Angel interrupted him.
"Honeymoon? It's not a honeymoon," he said with a frown.

A long breath escaped from the Chancellor's mouth. Of course it wasn't, but he hoped it was.
"Are you considering taking one? Like a week or so."

He let out a short chuckle. It was too dangerous since he needed to keep an eye on Ilex and Ivetta. Not to mention his workload. Besides, instead of hiding their intimacy, they should show it in the Castle.
"I don't think so. I have a lot to do."

"Then please consider this." The Chancellor put the dating place list on the desk.

Angel took it and started reading it.

"It's a romantic place around Luminus City. Two or three hours won't hurt your job. You should consider this," Chancellor Allan added.

He didn't say anything since the list took his full attention. Not only the opera house, but he also noticed several names of parks, famous restaurants and shopping streets.

A frown appeared on his forehead.
"I understand the opera house and restaurant. But what does a couple usually do at the park and shopping street?" He was completely clueless about how these places could bring a couple's relationship closer. He couldn't catch the romantic point about it. So he completely did not understand.

He didn't even understand why the opera house was such a romantic place. All the people simply sat and enjoyed the show. What brought them closer was that the couple would sit side by side during the performance.

"They are chatting, enjoying the view and shopping, Your Majesty," Chancellor Allan replied. He was a little surprised that Angel didn't know such a simple thing.

"Isn't that the same as taking a walk in the garden? And how can a shopping session be such a romantic thing?" he asked.

Chancellor Allan was a bit confused to answer him.
"Overall, they're looking for something new, Your Majesty."

"Something new?" Angel repeated. His frown explained how confused he was.

Chancellor Allan sighed once again. He didn't expect the genius king to be so bad at romance.
"I think I'll find some books about dating and romance for you." Finally, he gave up.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

My Patreon-page 

My ko-fi page

My Discord

17