Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 88. The Cold King’s Romance III
399 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 88. The Cold King's Romance III

After Chancellor Allan left, Angel decided to prepare himself for dinner and went to bed. Today he didn't investigate Asteria since he was sure Ilex would stay low after what he did yesterday.

Like the night before, the royal couple spent their dinner by small chat. But, that didn't mean Angel would spend the night as usual. Especially after what Rose said to him. Also, he wanted to know Rose's opinion about Chancellor Allan's list.

The dinner was over and the royal couple was getting ready for bed. They entered the room like intimate husband and wife, but that intimacy changed as soon as the door was closed.

But something was different tonight. If Angel usually spent the previous nights reading a book, this time he approached the wine rack to open one.
"Mind to accompany me a glass or two?" he asked. As usual, he chose Innocent Wine.

And Rose didn't mind that, so she drew closer to him.
"That's so unusual. Is there anything else you'd like to say about Pearl Gate City?" Angel had told her about their departure at dinner.

"We haven't talked about our bet," he reminded her. His hand poured the wine into the glass but Rose took over the bottle.

"I see..." she said. Even though she knew Angel's cold attitude, she couldn't help but feel nervous. Especially since he asked at a time like this.

After the glasses were half full, they brought them to the sofa.
"So? What do you want to talk about?" Rose asked as they sat down on the sofa.

"Before that, I want to ask you a few things."

She frowned.
"What is it?"

"What did you do in your free time back in Zephyrus?" He decided to find out first.

She thought for a moment.
"Train and help my uncle." For the past few years, Zephyrus had been through some hard times, so she rarely spent her time having fun. After all, she was heartbroken after she heard about Angel's death. So she decided to immerse herself in her duties to erase her guilt.

"Do you like going to noble events or something?" asked Angel. She was a princess so she should attend one or two events. Even though Rose might not pay attention to an event like this, at least he was sure that King Eudon couldn't possibly let her act completely like a prince.

"Sometimes... Yes. But..." His words made her think of Ivetta since whenever she went to events like that, Ivetta always accompanied her.

"Did you usually go with Ivetta?" he guessed from her gloomy expression.

A long breath escaped her mouth. Her eyes stared at the wine in her hand as if the glass was showing her memories. A bitter smile on her lips.
"Yes. As you know, my kingdom is unstable and the aristocracy isn't that good. So I'm only close to a few people. I mostly spent my free time with her since our fathers died because of the rebels. Who knew she would backstab me. ” She ended it by taking a sip of her wine, hoping she didn't remember it anymore.

"May I know what both of you used to do?" he asked. Somehow he wanted to fix those bad memories and turn them into good ones.

She turned to him with a frown.
"Why are you interested in that?"

"Just curious."

"You're planning something, right?" she guessed. Her gaze showed her suspicion clearly.

"It is. Believe me, this is not something bad," he replied.

Since she thought there was no problem with it, she decided to say it.
"We mostly attend the afternoon tea party. Usual lady stuff. Sometimes we attend interesting competitions. Like the sword competition, where I saw you for the first time."

Based on yesterday's competition, he knew she was only concentrating on the battle. But what he wanted was quality time with her. Since her other activity was lady stuff, he had to find other ideas.
"Do you like opera? Or maybe you want to take a walk at the commoner's place?" he asked directly. He wasn't sure the list would be of any use to him. He even guessed she was the same clueless as him.

"Why are you asking me that?" That confused her even more. Previously, she thought Angel was asking that because she wanted to know about Ivetta.

"I want to ask you out on a date," he said straight to the point.

Note : What you guys think about the new cover?

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

16