Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 89. The Cold King’s Romance IV
548 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 89. The Cold King's Romance IV

"Dating? What's with the sudden plan?" she said in shock. But then a guess crossed her head.
"Oh, do you mean we are going to investigate Ilex and Ivetta?" she guessed.

He chuckled, not expecting her to think that what he does was always related to his duties and responsibilities.
"It's just a normal date, Rose."

"A normal date like--- We are on some kind of mission or something?" she guessed, trying to take another side of his sudden request.

"It's a normal date between Angelus Raizel and Rose Ambrosia. Not between the King of Euphorion and the Princess of Zephyrus. Don't you want it?" he pointed out what he meant. He had this idea since Chancellor Allan mentioned finding something new.

"Are we going to go undercover?" she guessed.

"Yes. But this is just between you and me," he confirmed.

"Tell me where are we going?" She couldn't hide her excitement.

It managed to put a smile on his lips.
"You look excited."

"You don't? Have you ever dreamed about having freedom as a commoner once in a while? Like walking around without any guards or the people's attention? Or do what you want freely without thinking about other people's opinions?" she asked.

"No." Angel had experienced that many times when he used his teleportation skill to find out about his father. So that was a normal thing.
"Commoners don't have the power to change anything. Besides, I've been a commoner once, remember?" he reminded her. And he could say it wasn't a nice experience considering his failure to help the twins' parents.

"You're right..." She had to admit what Angel said was true. Commoners had freedom yet they didn't have the power to change. She also often saw how helpless they were when the rebels attacked them. With limited weapons, education and training, there was not much they could do.

Still, she was kinda curious how a royal like him could live as a commoner in a foreign kingdom before he took over the throne.
"Can you tell me about how your life was? I mean what did you do after Ilex executed you?" she asked in curiosity.

He frowned upon her question.
"I became a hunter for a living. Don't you often go to the battlefield?"

"Going to the battlefield and experiencing the commoner's freedom is a different matter. Even if I fight, they still treat me as a princess. They put their eyes on everything I do so I have to keep my attitude all the time. I do know how I should behave, but sometimes I want to find something honest. Not something just based on formality and ethics," she explained.

"So... Do you want to date me as a commoner?" Her statement already explained what she wanted. Several places immediately popped into his head, what he needed was the right time and event.

"I don't mind that," said Rose without hesitation. It was her dream to take an occasional stroll as an ordinary person.
"Is this your request?" she guessed.

"No. This is my request." He raised his glass.

"This drink?" asked Rose in confusion.

"Did you know that I'm a bad drinker?" he asked.

His statement reminded her of something.
"Is that the reason why you rarely drink anything other than Innocent Wine?" she asked.

But Angel just answered her with another question.
"What about you?" he asked.

"My alcohol tolerance isn't that bad. But I can't say it's good either," she said.

"Then tonight, can we pretend to be drunk and be honest with each other?"

"Is that your request?" she confirmed.

"Yes."

"But why?" she asked in confusion.

"A drunk person usually says a lot of honest things and does a lot beyond what he usually does. But my status doesn't allow me to get drunk. I can't let my awareness down even for a second... So can you grant this stupid request of mine?"

"Are you planning to do improper things to me?" she asked straight to the point.

He chuckled.
"I told you if I want to do that I will use my power to do it. This is my castle, even if you scream, no one will help you."

'True...' thought Rose. Yet she didn't understand why she was asking for something like this.
" Tell me what do you want? What's your plan ? " she asked.

"Your sincerity."

That made Rose confused even more.

"Your confession at the training ground. I wish you could tell me more." His hand placed his glass on the table and reached to her hair.
"Besides... Isn't this what you want from me?"

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

18