Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 90. The Cold King’s Romance V
404 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 90. The Cold King's Romance V

His gesture made Rose speechless. She knew it was a seduction, yet his gaze said different things. His piercing eyes stared at her as if he was stripping what was on her mind. She had to admit she wanted to know the truth, but her previous confession was something else.
"It was just a spontaneous confession. You can't expect me to do that with a simple request like this," she said as soon as she could get her voice out.

"So, what can I do to make you say it?"

"Let me think for a while." She took this opportunity to turn her head in another direction, avoiding his gaze and calming her heart. She took a sip of her wine to calm herself down. An idea crossed her head.

She returned her gaze to him.
"A truth for a truth. How's that?"

"As long as it has nothing to do with Euphorion's classified information, I don't mind. But..." His face drew closer to hers and stopped in front of her.
"What I'm looking for is neither an interrogation nor an exchange of information. I want something you say from the bottom of your heart."

'This man...' thought Rose. There was an undeniable annoyance in her heart. She was sure that Angel had realized her nervousness yet he kept doing this on purpose. He was like a hunter who did not want to let go of his prey. And the prey was... Her!

Upon her silence, he spoke again.
"I don't understand... Why are you doubting me?" A frown on his face showed his confusion and curiosity clearly.

"And I don't understand what makes you so impatient." She realized even though Angel said he would be patient and give them time, moments like this were inevitable. In addition, she realized that everything he did or his sweet words showed his seduction more clearly. He kept trying to break through her heart's defenses and sneak in to subdue it.

He chuckled.
"You are seducing me, Rose. That's what makes me even more impatient."

"I'm not seducing you," she retorted.

"That kiss, isn't that a seduction?" he reminded her.

"No, it's not."

"Then, tell me what it is?"

Again, Rose fell silent, trying to figure out why she did it. But it only worsened as she remembered she did it naturally upon her feelings.
"I- It's a reward..." she took a random excuse. She was afraid If she told him the real reason, Angel would tease her even more.

"I didn't do anything for you. Why did you reward me?" From the trace of panic on her face, he could already tell she just said that out of panic.

Rose bit her lower lip and shifted her gaze to the other side nervously.
'I'm so doomed...' She thought regretfully. Her excuses only made it even worse.

"Why are you avoiding my gaze? Look at me," he insisted, despite knowing why Rose did it. It was written clearly on her face.

Gulping her nervousness silently, she slowly returned her gaze and met Angel's sharp gaze head-on.

"Since you think a kiss is a reward. I should consider it the same thing."
He came closer and almost kissed her. In a panic, Rose placed her index finger in front of him, signifying her refusal.

"Why? You don't want your reward?" he whispered. Even with that rejection, he looked calm since he had expected it.

"You already know it, yet you're still playing with me," she guessed. Yet she couldn't blame him since it was her who started it.

"What I know is that a kiss is not a reward. But I don't know why you do it."

"It was a sign that what I said was the truth. Something that came from deep in my heart. I did it spontaneously and didn't think twice," she admitted with a flushed face.

"So... What you said to me is true. That you've fallen for me. Then tell me. What can make you believe me? What makes you understand whether what I said was part of the plan or came from inside my heart?"

"You're asking me a tough question."

"And you gave me difficult homework," he added.

Rose had to admit. What he said was true. It was not easy for him.

"I'm not that cunning, Rose. What comes out of my mouth is not only lies or plans. I don't use people around me for my benefit. I cherish them. Why don't you let me into your heart?" he asked, unashamedly still looking at her. Even though he wasn't sure that Rose would accept it just like that, he knew that little by little she had opened her heart to him.

But she didn't answer. She was too busy with her thoughts. On second thought, she felt unfair with her own ridiculous request. Besides, all this time... She was the only one who asked him to prove himself. Yet that didn't mean she was not afraid of him anymore.

His request gave her another idea. An idea that could give her a reason to do and let out all her feelings.
"Tonight... Only tonight. I'll trust you," she whispered, hoping she wouldn't regret her decision later.

Those words made Angel stunned.

"I lost the duel after all," she continued.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

 

14