Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 97. Her First Assignment I
496 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 97. Her First Assignment I

After that brief talk, the royal couple had breakfast and prepared themselves to do their activities for the day.

The sun was getting higher. Angel was sitting in his chair in the study, perusing through the documents that were stacked in front of him.

The knocking sound came followed by the sound of the door opening and the sound of footsteps. It wasn't long before Cley stood before him and bowed.

"Letters from the nobles, Your Majesty," he said. This was the third time he had brought a pile of letters like this today.

Angel set down the document in his hand on the desk and shifted his gaze to a tray with a stack of letters in Cley's hands.

He frowned.

"Do they not have any other work besides thinking about the queen position? Can they think of anything other than marrying the king and becoming queen?" he blurted out his annoyance even though he knew the reason.

What had happened between him and Rose this morning had spread rapidly in the castle to the nobles' ears. Upon that simple thing, even after yesterday's meeting, the nobles decided to take action by sending him a letter asking Angel to immediately appoint one of the Euphorion girls as his queen. They mostly used the castle, Angel's health, and work schedules as reasons. While Angel knew their main point.

"You just won the war and don't have a queen yet. Of course, all women want that position," Cley said with a huff.

"If I was one of them I would do the same," he muttered under his breath. Luckily, Cley and his sister had been under his wing for a long time. That was good enough for them.

Angel exhaled tiredly, pretending not to hear Cley's mumbling.

"Just give them the usual reply," he said coldly, and didn't even bother to look at them. His gaze shifted to the document in his hand. The reply was a refusal and an explanation that he was not interested in appointing a queen yet. Just like what he said at the previous meeting.

"Don't you want to check them out first?" Cley asked.

"No," he answered nonchalantly. Most of them were long letters but had the same point. So he was not interested in wasting his time reading nonsense and pointless words.

"Check it for me and hand over the real letter to me," he added.

"Yes, Your Majesty," Cley said with a silent sigh since that meant more work for him. Moreover... Claire wasn't here today. She went to accompany Rose to a noble's invitation.

After Cley placed the letter on his desk, he moved to the front of Angel's desk.

Angel took a sheet of documents in front of him and continued his work. While Cley was still there.

"Is there anything else you want to report?" Angel added without shifting his gaze.

And Cley answered it with a whine.

"Your Majesty--- you're not going to make me finish everything today, are you? I mean, look at that pile of documents." Cley pointed at his desk and Angel only took a glance at it before returning his gaze to his document.

"I'm a snail and Claire isn't here. I can't possibly finish everything today."

"Stop whining and get to work. Claire only accompanies Rose for a few hours, she'll be back soon. After all, Claire just wants to teach her the basic things," Angel said. It was Claire's initiative and she only asked for a day to do it.

"B-But... My work. Can't you see how much it is?" he whined again, pointing at his desk, hoping that Angel would reduce his workload.

Angel lowered his document in his hand and looked at Cley in annoyance.

"Say that again." His other hand gestured at the pile of documents on his desk. It was twice higher than the pile on Cley's desk yet he had finished half of it.

Cley shook his head from side to side and bent his head.

"I will continue my work, Your Majesty," he pouted, reluctantly moving his legs to his seat.

"Good." Then Angel returned his gaze to the document in his hand. As he read the document, his mind turned to Rose who was supposed to attend a noble lady's birthday and debut party. He was sure her appearance would shock all the guests. Although he was a little worried, he believed Rose could handle it. She was born and raised as a royal. Her people love her so she should be able to handle a simple party like this.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

 

12