Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 102. The Royal Couple’s Night Walk II
322 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 102. The Royal Couple's Night Walk II

After the dinner was over, they changed their clothes and got into the carriage. It wasn't the royal carriage but the one that was used to deliver the messenger or maid for important purposes.

As for their clothes, they only wore ordinary clothes. Something that was usually used by a man and woman at night. Still, those were the neat ones since they were going to visit an opera house.

A masquerade covered their faces since that was the theme of the event. The two elite soldiers who followed them were wearing mere guard attire. Something used by a merchant's bodyguards.

Rose thought she would look at the city along the way over her excitement, but she was wrong. As the carriage took them away from the castle, her attention was on Angel.

"You look like one of your elite soldiers," she said with a flat stare. Her suspicion was clear from it. Of course, she meant Rai.

She wanted to guess that she and Rai were the same person, but how could someone possibly be in two different places at the same time. So she had no other way but asked for his clarification and hoped that Angel would explain everything to her.

"Of course, he is my double and my elite soldier after all," answered Angel lightly. He wanted to be honest, but he couldn't, at least until Rose agreed to be his legal wife.

Indeed this sounded unfair to her, especially since Rose had started to open her heart to him. But he couldn't reveal this secret to someone who would leave him one day. Because it was not only about him or his dark powers, but also about his kingdom. So until she decided to stay with him he couldn't truly open up to her.

"But both of you look like the same person." Even though her logic said no, her suspicions didn't go away.

"Now you know why I was able to move from Asteria, Draconis, and Zephyrus so quickly," he reasoned.

Rose fell silent. Her gaze fell on Angel. She had to admit his reason made sense. He shouldn't be able to move between kingdoms that fast. Even with his dark power. At least there had to be a solid reason why he could do it and he could deceive so many people. Having a double who had the similar power and swordsmanship as him was the most plausible reason.

Moreover, she remembered that Angel bestowed Rai with a special sword. It had similar dark power to his. She guessed that was the reason why Angel gave it to Rai.

"Is that why you ask him to wear a mask all the time? So no one else can notice there are two Angelus Raizel?" she guessed.

Unable to say the truth, Angel smiled bitterly.

"Correct." There was a pain in his heart, but he didn't want to take any risks that could harm his kingdom.

"How can I tell you two apart?" she asked. She knew Rai was a loyal soldier, but she had to know that, in case Angel was away for something and Rai had to replace him as his double. Who knew if he would take advantage of his position.

Angel was silent. Even though it was an unharmed question, answering it could lead to a big misunderstanding. He didn't know what the future would hold, so he decided not to give her any answers.

"I can't tell you now," he said.

She took a deep breath and exhaled in disappointment.

"You like playing tricks on other people, don't you?" said Rose.

"Depends. If that's for my duty, yes. If that's for me, no," he stated.

His statement made her bring her face closer to Angel.

"Then how do I know this man is the king, not his double?" She decided to tease him.

"You can take off my mask."

Upon his words, Rose removed his mask.

He smiled.

"Do I look like your king?"

Rose's eyes observed his face.

"You are. But who knows his double also has the same face as him," she reasoned.

"You're right. So what can I do to prove myself?" he replied. He knew Rose was just teasing him so he decided to play along.

A melodic humming sound escaped her mouth.

"Tell me a secret that only me and the real Angelus Raizel know."

"A couple of days ago, I slept on a special mattress. It was so comfortable to the point I missed my breakfast and---"

Rose quickly pressed her index finger against his lips, stopping his words.

"I believe you are the real one," she said, blushing. It reminded her of what happened that night. It was an embarrassing accident. Yet Angel mentioned it like nothing.

He laughed at her embarrassment and wore his mask again.

"Just say it if you need more proof."

She turned her gaze in another direction.

"I think that's enough."

"Fine."

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discords

11