Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 111. Pearl Gate City V
383 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dark Moon Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 111. Pearl Gate City V.

"At least you are strong enough to face it and endure all of this," replied Rose. Her eyes were fixed on Major Bernard's body.

Another bitter smile appeared on his face.
"Do I have another choice?" he asked.

After a moment of silence, she shook her head from side to side. It was a King's duty. So like it or not, Angel still had to face it. But how he dealt with it amazed her.

He reached out his hand and touched her cheek. Their eyes were on each other.
"It's my responsibility, Rose. No matter what happens... I have to stay strong. I have to protect my people and my land. Whoever my opponent is," he said in a gentle tone.

Rose couldn't say a word. Although at first, she was angry with him due to his attack on her kingdom, after seeing all this, she admired him. How could she face this all calmly and still maintain his logic? She had to admit... He was strong. Not only because of his power or strength but also mentally and heart.

Since Rose didn't say a word, Angel took the opportunity and used his dark power on her. She had been through a lot today and was at her limit. So he decided to get her out of here.

As her eyes were fixed on him, somehow the overwhelming drowsiness engulfed her, it came suddenly and it confused her a lot. It even made her sleepy to the point she couldn't help but close her eyes.

'What happened to me?' she thought. She realized her symptoms were not normal. But finally, her sleepiness swallowed her consciousness before she said a word. What she saw was Angel's face that was getting fainter.

Once her body fell on him, he caught her.
"Forgive me. I have to interrupt our conversation. I know you still want to talk to me a lot, but I don't want to torment you any longer. We'll talk later." After that his dark aura covered them and their bodies were swallowed by darkness.

A second later, the darkness around them turned into the sun that shone faintly above their heads. The terrifying scene around them also turned into trees and bushes filled with flowers.

That garden was one of the places that became the turning point of his life. A precious place to him. But then a garden that was not as messy as 5 years ago, this garden was much more beautiful.

Yes, since he couldn't bring Rose back to the camp in this state, he decided to take Rose to Lucian Garden. After all, he also wanted to visit the prince's statue. As for the city, it took more than a week to completely remove the poison so he had to wait before he canceled his power and removed the dome.

Angel carried Rose and laid her on a bench. Even though he only used up a small amount of his dark power, it would take her a while before she regained consciousness.

Then he approached a statue of a man holding a boy's hand.

His eyes stared at that statue with a melancholy look. There was a feeling of guilt in him since in the end, despite his promise, he couldn't take care of the city properly.

"Lucian, are you there?" he muttered under his breath. Somehow he needed someone to talk to about Pearl Gate City and it was nothing better than Prince Lucian himself.

He knew Lucian's soul fragment was trapped within the crystal along with the mysterious woman's soul. But the only way to communicate with him was through the former king's magic formation. Since the throne's magic formation had disappeared by itself, he had to come to this place.

He extended his hand and touched the statue. Just like five years ago, his surroundings froze. The wind, the trees, the insects, and everything. A sign that he has triggered the magic formation.

A second later a male's voice came from behind him.
"It's been a long time since we met face to face like this, Angelus. You've grown well."

He turned around. His sight immediately caught a male figure that looked familiar to him. A faint smile graced his friendly face.

A smile also began to appear on Angel's lips.
"Long time no see, Lucian," he greeted.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

10