Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 113. Pearl Gate City VII
413 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dark Moon Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 113. Pearl Gate City VII

"Your family history should have it since they were the ones who killed the ancient dark king. You didn't know that?" added Lucian in confusion.

Angel shook his head from side to side in reply.
"I never heard of it nor read it before," he replied. Although he didn't know whether what Lucian said was true or not, he did feel a little strange since it was the Reinheart family's huge victory. So his family should at least have a detailed record of it. But what he only found was a brief explanation. There was no record of the strategy, tactics, or how he defeated it. It only said his ancestor managed to kill the dark king in one stab.

"Maybe your family wants to cover it up since it was the same as suicide. Or maybe they felt the victory was not the result of a real glorious battle," Lucian explained. It was just a guess but it was the highest possibility. Moreover, there were only the Reinheart family and the Moonfall family's ancestors when the dark king died.

As Lucian spoke, his father's killer's voice rang in his head.
'Don't be afraid, I will let you live. Because you are the key to revive my master.'

It created a chill in his spine. Moreover, it evoked his deepest trauma. Unconsciously, it made his hands tremble. But he quickly clenched his hands.

Swallowing the mixed feelings in his heart, he finally let out his voice.
"That shadow..." he muttered before he spoke in a louder voice and turned to Lucian.
"Does that mean he's related to the dark king? His assistant maybe? Did he want to revive the dark king through me?" asked Angel out of the blue. The problem was, how could a human survive for hundreds of years? Or was that shadow one of the dark king's followers?

"Perhaps. The crystal has a similar power to that. At least that's what I thought when it killed me," replied Lucian.

Angel was deep in thought for a while before he returned his gaze to Lucian.
"Does Euphorion have any books or information on this?" he decided to find out more.

"There's one. It's in the royal library. In the ancient king's shelf section," Lucian replied.

"I see. Thank you, I'll check it out," said Angel. That section had hardly been touched by anyone since it was in the deepest part of the library.

Slowly Lucian's body turned transparent, indicating that his time was almost up. So he decided to say his last message since he didn't know when he would be able to talk to Angel again.

"Angelus, since you chose her. Please promise me one thing. No matter what happens. No matter how deep your feelings for her are. Never give up on your life. That power is a curse but also a blessing. Just remember even if you use the power of the dark king, you are a holy knight. Reinheart family blood runs in your veins even if they deny you," Lucian reminded him.

He immediately caught on to what Lucian meant.
"If it's because you're afraid I'll do the same to the dark king if Rose leaves me, you don't have to worry. I prefer to expect the worst than a good thing."

Another bitter smile appeared on Lucian's lips.
"That side of you... Sometimes terrifies me, Angelus. But instead of Euphorion, I'm more worried about you. I know you've pushed yourself too hard. You should love yourself more and forgive yourself," he said in a calm tone.

"Is this also about Pearl Gate City?" asked Angel. That was the only guess that went through his head.

Lucian shook his head from side to side.
"It's about your father. I know deep inside your heart you are still blaming yourself. But his death isn't your fault. The dark power isn't your fault. Life well Angelus, you deserve to be happy. You have to..." Before he could say goodbye or Angel answered him, his body disappeared.

In an instant, everything around him ran again as usual. But Angel did not take his eyes off where Lucian's body had disappeared.

"I also hope the same, Lucian... I also hope the same..." Angel muttered.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

10