Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 115. Lucian Garden II
395 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dark Moon Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 115. Lucian Garden II

Word by word out of Angel's mouth as he remembered how he passed his early days as an exile.

By his side, Rose was speechless due to his story. Like what Angel said it was another absurd story that connected the late Prince Lucian, Angel, and the dark crystal in his body. Angel also told many things about how he tried to get the Crystal out of his body or find his father's killer.

"I... I can't believe this. Do you have an ordinary story about your past?" asked Rose as soon as Angel finished.

If it was her old self, she probably wouldn't believe this. But after she lived with him, experienced a lot, and saw what he did, she had no reason not to believe him. Even, the biggest proof was still in front of her, the black dome that covered Pearl Gate City.

Angel smiled bitterly upon her words.
"I wish I had an ordinary story. An ordinary family. An ordinary prince's life. Unfortunately, I don't." Rose could pick up a trace of melancholy in his tone.

Rose couldn't deny it. But she realized it was those unordinary things that made him what he was. It was what made him different from other royalty. Just like how she had to deal with many things that made her different from other princesses.

If she could say a wish, she also hoped to live peacefully like the other princesses, getting enough protection from her family. But she knew it was impossible.

She looked to the side, trying to steal a glance at him, who was standing staring at the statue in silence. In hesitation, her hand moved towards his. Somehow she wanted to hold his hand so badly just to soothe him, telling him that he had her now.

But she stopped halfway when her memory flashed back to Pearl Gate City's gruesome scene. She felt it was inappropriate to say it after all the poison and her family had done. That poison had taken away his hard work and his people.

Her hands trembled. Her heart was beating fast.
'Am I worthy? Am I deserving of his love and forgiveness?' Those questions popped into her head.

In an instant, her chest felt tight. She didn't even understand why his feelings remained after what had happened. Somehow, his anger and why he declared the war sounded a lot more reasonable to her. No, that even sounded human to her.

She clenched her hand and withdrew it.
"Angelus... Is there anything else I can help you with?" She decided to convey her intention in another way.

It made him turn to her.

"So far you've done a lot for me. I feel like using you. So I want to help you more," Rose added.

Even though he had predicted that Rose would soften up after seeing Pearl Gate City, it couldn't shake the guilt after she saw the horror scene in that city. On the other hand, he knew this was the best decision. In this way, Rose knew what had happened and what might happen in the future.

All this time, he was the only one who knew Pearl Gate City's state. After the evacuation was done, there would be more people who knew the city's state. There was a big possibility that it would cause controversy, especially for their marriage even though he had announced the political advantages of the marriage.

"Can you use your abilities to help my people?" Angel asked without hesitation. That was all he could think of to save his marriage. He hoped that with it he could improve Rose's reputation.

"If you're talking about my medical skill, then I agree to help you. If you want my family poison skill, I won't give it to you," she said firmly. She didn't want to repeat her uncle's mistakes.

"I'm talking about your medical abilities." Although he didn't deny--- he was also interested in her poison ability. But what he needed now was her medical ability. He also planned to use this as the reason why he married her.

"Fine. Tell me. How can I help you?" replied Rose.

"You used to treat your people, right? I want you to do the same to my people and teach some of my confidants. You don't have to teach them all of it, just some basic skills so we can spread them around to treat other people. Think of them as your apprentices. Can you do that?” he asked.

"Yes. But I need a few things for that. We can't possibly open the castle to the public," she replied.

A smile bloomed on his lips.
"Very well. Just tell me what you need. I'll prepare for it."

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

 

11