Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 116. Bath With The King I
305 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 116. Bath With The King I

Shortly after that conversation, several guards came and greeted them, indicating that their carriage had arrived. Since the sun was about to set, they decided to put this discussion on hold and leave as soon as possible.

Half an hour had passed. When they arrived at the camp, the sky had turned dark. That camp was a place where his troops stood guard to make sure no one approached Pearl Gate City. This camp was in the low-level monster territory with wooden walls surrounding it.

Its size was not much different from a small village and quite close to a water source. The castle usually delivered the food supplies once a month.

Small tents were lined up in one part of the camp and a field in the other. Including warehouses for weapons, food, and firewood. There was one tent that looked bigger and nicer than the others. It was the tent where Angel and Rose would spend the night.

Several other small tents were also nearby. Those were for the servants and maids. Also, some tents where they did certain activities.

Although Angel usually didn't mind sleeping in the same tent as regular soldiers, this wasn't a war and he brought Rose with him so he asked his subordinates to prepare them. Moreover, they were planning to stay here for a few days.

The first thing they had to do once they arrived at the camp was take a shower. It was a must since they had just come from an infected city. They might have poison residue on their bodies and clothes. Moreover, they had been in the city much longer than when Angel checked the place for the first time.

So as soon as they got off the carriage, they walked to the shower tent. Rose had also given some of the antidotes to the servants to clean their carriage.

This should not have been a problem until she got into the tent and saw the two bathtubs side by side. There were no dividers or partitions between them. It made both of them stunned in front of the entrance.

Their eyes were on the pair of bathtubs. They realized their status as husband and wife, so the servants and maids assumed this was the best thing. Not because they wanted intimacy between the royal couple, but because they couldn't help the royal couple bathe. So they could only hope that the royal couple would help each other.

"Do we need a partition?" asked Angel as soon as he noticed Rose's blushing face. He was sure she didn't want to take a bath like this.

He just turned around, but Rose caught his wrist. It stopped him and made him turn to her.

"We don't need it. The poison is very dangerous. We have to make as little contact as possible. I don't want another victim," said Rose. Her seriousness was clear from the tone and look in her eyes.

She even asked Angel to destroy their current clothes to avoid unwanted things. As for Major Bernard's mementos, Rose would be the one to clean them up and make sure there was no poison on them before she gave them to the twins.

"Are you sure?" Angel confirmed.

Rose released his hand.

"Yes. Just keep your promise," she reminded. A partition wouldn't help much since she needed Angel's help to undo her layered dress and untied her dress. So, the touch would be unavoidable.

Noticing Rose's nervousness, Angel smirked.

"I will try," he said casually.

And Rose answered with a frown of displeasure.

"Quit joking around. I'm serious."

Angel chuckled at her expression.

"Fine. You have my words."

"One more request. Don't look at each other except we have to," asked Rose.

"That request, I can't grant it. My eyes will see where they want to see. So I can't promise you," Angel replied. Even though he tried to take his eyes off of Rose, he was sure his awareness would continue to warn him about her presence. So her request was impossible and he didn't want to give up his promise for something that he couldn't keep.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

12