Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 119. Bath With The King IV
378 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 119. Bath With The King IV
"Yes and no. I realize there's a part of me who sees all of this based on the agreement. But there's also part of me who sees all of this because of our past and feelings," she admitted.
"Do you regret this marriage?" he asked curiously.
She shook her head from side to side and smiled.
"No. I'm glad that this marriage tells me a lot. It exposes a lot of things about you. I can tell you are still you. The same person who saved me before. That you don't change. I can tell that the king of Euphorion is not as cruel as they say,” she whispered.
Due to her good response, although he wasn't sure this was the right time, he decided to give his final question.
“Then… shall we make this marriage a real one?” he asked.
It made Rose's eyes widen. Her heart was beating fast again. Although she had to make a decision sooner or later, it was too sudden.
“If I said yes. Are you going to consummate our marriage now?” she asked straight to the point. At least she wanted to know if the question was based on temporary heat or because of his real feelings.
"No. I will come to your uncle as we agreed and tell him that I will take you as my real wife,” he said clearly.
“And what about the agreement? Are you still going to do it?” she confirmed.
“Weren't you the one who said it from the start, that we have the same enemy? I won't change my plan, the only difference is your status and our relationship,” he explained.
After deep thought for a while, she finally opened her voice.
“Fine. I agree.” She didn't see any reason to refuse again. Even though she knew Angel had many tricks on his sleeves, he did it to defend his kingdom and people. At least that's what he showed in Pearl Gate City. What everyone said about him, how he worked to rebuild Euphorion, how he loved his kingdom and could do anything for his people, was true.
Her answer stunned him.
"You agree?" Angel made sure, hoping he didn't hear it wrong.
"Yes. I agree," she confirmed.
Spontaneously, due to his happiness, he stood up from his bathtub and intended to hug her.
But Rose quickly averted her blushing face.
“Angelus, what do you want to do?! Weren't you the one who said we would consummate our marriage later?!” she reminded him in panic. Her heart was beating fast, either in embarrassment or in panic. Even at a glance, she saw his manhood.
"Oh, pardon me. I'm just too happy so I wanted to hug you,” he explained. Nervously, he dipped himself back into his bathtub. Still, the smile on his lips did not disappear.
Since Rose had agreed, what he needed was King Eudon's approval. It should be easy due to King Eudon's crime. After all, King Eudon had no choice and Zephyrus was under his authority. All this time, the only thing holding him back was because he wanted Rose to help and love him from her heart, not because of political interests.
Due to the awkward atmosphere, Rose decided to get out of the bathtub. Besides, she was sure she had soaked long enough.
“Um… I will get out early.” But when she wanted to get up, she just remembered that Angel's gaze was still on her.
She turned to Angel.
"Can you look the other way?" She said, An awkward expression on her face.
"Why should I?" he said in a teasing tone.
“Angel, I need to---” Before she could finish her sentence, Angel used his dark aura on a nearby towel. The towel launched quickly and floated between them. It was enough to create an emergency partition for them. What was visible was only a silhouette.
"Is this enough?" asked Angel in a casual tone.
Rose was stunned by it.
“You have the telekinesis skill?” she asked as she got out of the bathtub and wiped her body with her towel.
"It's not a real telekinesis. I simply manipulated my magic power to move things. Just like how I bind my enemies with my power,” he explained.
“I see…” Rose quickly took her clean robe and put it on.
“Do you need my help to help you get dressed?” he asked.
"It's fine. I will ask the maids to help me later. I'm sure they are waiting for me in our tent," said Rose quickly. Even though they had prepared new clothes there, she would ask for new one later.
"Fine." He flicked his fingers and the towel back into place. It startled Rose, luckily, her robe had covered her body.
"I'll catch up with you after I clean up our clothes," he said.
"I will excuse myself," said Rose. Without further ado, she left.
As Rose left the tent, another smile appeared on his face.
“Thank you, Rose. For this chance…”

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

13