Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 121. Magic Formation Tattoos II
389 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 121. Magic Formation Tattoos II
Angel approached them. His eyes shifted from Rose to the maids. He wore a shirt and trousers with a coat that covered his torso since Pearl Gate City was a bit colder than the capital.
While there was no anger in his tone, his gaze alone was enough to intimidate the maids...
"Your Majesty." The maids quickly bowed upon his presence. Their nervousness was evident on their faces since they had just talked about it behind his back. He could punish them for that.
Rose immediately caught their panic, so she decided to explain. She stood up from her seat.
“We talked about what's under your uniform, Your Majesty.”
His footsteps stopped in front of her.
"What's under my uniform?" he repeated in confusion. He glanced at the maids and immediately caught what it was about.
He returned his gaze to Rose. "Do you mean the reason why I don't have servants to help me shower and change my clothes?" he guessed.
“Exactly. Since they started guessing what you're hiding, I decided to tell them the truth,” replied Rose casually. Then she came closer to him and put her hand on his chest, where Ilex stabbed him.
"A painful scar from the past that you don't want to show the others," she continued.
Due to their curiosity, the maids' eyes fell on the royal couple or rather on the king. Unfortunately, the king did not give any reaction other than his usual cold face. But the fact that he didn't deny it, proved that what Rose said was right.
Upon her statement, he waved his hand to the side, asking the maids to leave them.
The maids quickly bowed and left. They took it as his unpleasant response since Rose had said something she shouldn't have.
While Angel wanted to ask something else.
“Can you tell me what their guess was?” he asked curiously.
She lowered her hand.
"They thought you had magic formation tattoos all over your body," said Rose as she held back her laughter.
"That's ridiculous," he said, frowning.
"So you're telling the truth?" he added. He could understand that sooner or later, he wouldn't be able to cover it up anymore.
“Only half of it. I only said you have a scar from your past. But I said nothing about the scars on your back. I hope that they won't be curious anymore," she explained.
"Why were they curious about small things like this?" he replied.
"For you, it is a small thing. For them, no. I once also thought you were hiding something. That's why there weren't any servants in your room when I tried to assassinate you at Scarlet Stone Castle," she admitted.
"You once thought like them?" Angel said. He covered his mouth with his hand, trying to hold back the laughter that was about to escape from his mouth.
Still, his faint chuckles sounded between his words. He didn't expect people to think of this. Even Rose once thought the same thing as them.
She replied to his chuckles with a flat stare.
"If you want to laugh, just laugh."
It was sarcasm, but Angel decided to do as she requested. His chuckle turned into a burst of laughter and it left Rose speechless.
"Oh, pardon me. It's too funny. I can't help but laugh," he said once his laughter faded.
"You are their king and you were my enemy, so it's normal for us to think that way," she replied.
"I can't deny that," he replied.
"Since you are here, shall we have our dinner?" She decided to end this strange conversation.
"Of course. But first I want to tell you something important." His voice turned serious.
"What is it?" she asked.
"We will speed up our stay. I just got news from Flare that the underground mercenary has agreed to meet me." He got this news via Magic Messenger when he just got out of the bathroom tent.
Even though he could have left using his teleportation skill, he couldn't just leave Rose at the camp. Indeed he already knew what Ilex's plans were, he didn't know Ivetta's plans entirely. So Ivetta could take advantage of his absence to kill her.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

11