Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 122. Magic Formation Tattoos III
272 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 122. Magic Formation Tattoos III
“The underground mercenaries?” Rose repeated with a frown and thought for a second to remember what Angel meant since they had so much to deal with.
“You mean the ones who attacked us at our wedding?” she continued. It was the only thing that crossed her mind since judging by their movement, Rose knew they were experts.
“Correct. That mercenary group is very dangerous and has access to high-ranking people. Either Ivetta or Ilex hired them, I have to get rid of them,” he stated.
He had thought this thoroughly and decided to take firm steps instead of hiring them to kill Ivetta. He didn't know what the deal was between them and her. Or whether that deal was still valid or not since none of them came to assassinate Angel and Rose again.
Since Angel wasn't sure they broke their agreement after failing. They could be planning a better assassination plan. So he decided to strike them first before they executed their plan.
"If this is due to work, I don't mind it. You are a king. So your duties are your first priority,” she said without hesitation. Without Angel's explanation, Rose knew how dangerous the mercenary group for a kingdom was. One or two groups probably wouldn't be a problem, but if they had too many members and connections to high nobles, it would be a problem.
In a good way, a noble may appoint members of that group as part of their army or guards to protect their land. But most of them ended in a bad way. The nobles used them to do nasty things, such as killing rivals, other nobles, or rich merchants who were their enemies. Worse, the nobles could have trained them as rebels to overthrow the king and this latter case was often the case in Zephyrus.
Initially, he wanted to take them on his side. But after he got the news today and thought again that this mercenary had managed to infiltrate his castle, he decided to take care of them for good. Especially after Angel received information that this mercenary was often in contact with several other kingdoms. Of course, he would use his skill to read their minds first before he finished them off. He was sure he could find a hint or two about Ivetta's plans from there.
"Thank you," Angel said in gratitude. He was glad that Rose could understand his job well and let him put his work ahead of their pleasure. Someone who could understand the king's duties was rare since what most women thought when she became the king's wife was the power and authority to do what she wanted. In some cases, the king's wife preferred to have fun and such just because she didn't want to understand her husband's responsibilities,
Still, he felt bad about it.
"I promise I'll take you on a better honeymoon one day," he added.
“A better honeymoon?” Rose repeated with a puzzled expression. A frown on her forehead.
“I thought we would just deploy the antidote in Pearl Gate City.”
"Initially, yes. This is our first time going on a trip like this, so I thought to take you to the late prince royal villa. But now, I have to cancel it," he said. Deploying the antidote only took a day, but he had to wait a whole week before he canceled the dome. Staying in camp for a week with nothing to do would certainly bore her, so he secretly planned to take Rose to stay in the late Prince Lucian's royal villa. It was near another town not far from here.
So at first, he planned to stay in this camp for two days before spending the rest of the week at the late prince's villa. Then he would stop by here on his way back to the capital. Unfortunately, his task didn't allow him to take a slack.
“I will wait for it then. Besides, the honeymoon can wait, but not work," said Rose calmly. She should have felt good about it, yet she felt disappointed after Angel had said his plan. After the tasks that filled their days, there was a desire where they could relax, even if only for a moment.
“Then can you give me a suggestion or two about places you want to visit?” asked Angel.
A smile bloomed on Rose's lips.
"I have. I will say it at our dinner.”

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

10