Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 123. Come to me I
310 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 123. Come to me I
The dinner passed. After finishing a glass of Innocent Wine, they returned to the main tent and decided to rest early since they had to return to the capital early in the morning.
As for the dome, Angel would use his teleportation skill to come back here and cancel it next week. But what he told Rose was that he had used a special spell before he left Pearl Gate City so the dome would disappear by itself after a week. That way, he hoped that Rose wouldn't worry about it anymore.
The night was getting late. The royal couple was already lying on the bed. The warm blanket had covered their bodies and the candle had gone out. The only light accompanying them was the dim light of the moon. The royal couple had their eyes closed and Rose assumed Angel was asleep since she didn't feel any movement from him anymore. What her ears caught was the sound of his breath.
But not with Rose. Even though she didn't move, she couldn't sleep. Behind her closed eyes, terrible images of what she saw in Pearl Gate City still haunted her. It made her chest feel tight. An uneasy feeling filled her heart and mind. Even there was regret in her heart since she had forced herself to come to that city. But she also felt that she deserved it. If she had never come to that city, she would not have clearly understood Angel's feelings.
'It's over now, Rose. It's over. It's not your fault. It was all a misunderstanding,' she reminded herself, trying to lessen her guilt. But it was in vain.
Somehow her subconscious kept reminding her how she used to treat him. How she accused everything he did based on his greed. Even believed what people said that he was a cruel king.
Minutes passed. Rose opened her eyes, only to see another darkness. The dim moonlight didn't help her much since she could only see a few things in the dark. Still, she decided to keep her eyes open and stared blankly at the top of the tent. Even though her body was tired and sleepiness invaded her eyes, she wasn't sure she could sleep due to the trauma.
Rose took a deep breath and let it out.
'I should have brought sleeping drugs or something,' she regretted. Since she thought she had seen the worst on the battlefield, she didn't think it would affect her this badly. But it looked like she had overestimated herself.
The sound of the guards reporting to the chief and the shadows flashing through the window made her realize that she had been awake for hours. She didn't know what time it was, but it should be midnight now.
She turned to Angel and stared at his sleeping face. Since she couldn't sleep and didn't know what to do she decided to stare at him until she fell asleep. While going for a walk sounded fun, it was inappropriate for the king's wife to go for a walk alone in the middle of the night and leave her husband alone in bed.
Suddenly, Angel opened his eyes. A frown appeared on his forehead once he realized Rose was still awake.
"Why are you still awake?" he asked. Even though Rose didn't make any sound, somehow his instincts could detect her stare. It was a kind of his inner alarm to detect spies and assassins who wanted to kill him.
It surprised Rose, but she could keep her calm.
"I can't sleep," said Rose. She marveled at why his gaze could wake her up and was a bit of a shock since he could sleep soundly after seeing all of that.
“Is it because of what you saw in Pearl Gate City?” he guessed.
Rose nodded slowly.
"And I didn't bring sleeping pills. So I thought I'd need something to keep my mind busy," she replied.
"By looking at me?" Angel guessed. It was an interesting solution.
"Yes. I don't have much choice. So why not?" replied Rose.
A smile appeared on Angel's lips.
“You have one other choice, Rose. It's much better than looking at me."
"What's that?" asked Rose curiously.
Angel extended his hand and pressed it to her cheek before he stroked her hair gently.
“Just come to me and sleep in my arms. I bet it will make you feel better.”
It stunned her.
“I-I think that's too bold. I mean… we're just pretending,” she replied in a stuttering voice.
“But didn't you agree to make this marriage a real one? Why don't you give us a chance?” he reminded her.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

11