Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 126. The Underground Mercenaries II
256 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 126. The Underground Mercenaries II
The two arrows that launched at them broke the silence of the room. Reflexively, Flare and the soldiers were about to ward off it. But Angel's dark aura restrained their movement. From the distance and its targets, Angel knew it was not meant to kill them, but to test their abilities. In other words, the mercenaries wanted to measure their strength and their swordsmanship.
As Angel predicted, the arrows passed them and stuck on the wall behind them. Immediately, Angel canceled his dark power and they started their act.
"Ahhh! What's that?!” Flare screamed and leaned closer to Angel in fear. Indeed her voice sounded a little stiff since fear wasn't in her dictionary, but she tried to pretend as best she could.
Quickly, Angel took her hand and looked around in panic.
"Didn't we make a deal? Is this how you greet your clients?!” he shouted. Trace his fear in the tone of his voice. This was also his first time trying to act like a coward.
While the soldiers quickly pulled out their swords and marched in front of Angel and Flare. Their eyes swept in all directions and their expressions showed their panic. So did their trembling hands.
According to the dark agent's information, the mercenaries only wanted to meet ordinary people. The people who had obvious reasons to ask for their help. Not strong people, who had the power to fight them.
That way, if something bad happened or their mission failed, the mercenaries could simply blackmail their clients or keep their mouths shut forever. So it was not just about money but also about their organization's security. They wanted to make sure their clients didn't set them up.
Despite their shouts, no one answered them. Still, they realized where the attack was coming from and how many people were there. Apart from them, there were at least more than 10 people in that place. All of them hid near the unlocked windows, the second floor, and the secret room across them.
"Hey! Show yourself!” Angel shouted once again. His opponents spread out in several places. In order to kill them all in one go, what he could do was lure them out. If one of them escaped and reported to the others, his plan would fail.
This time a dagger, that launched at him, answered his shout.
Realizing this was just another test, Angel and Flare held back their reflexes desperately. They only flinched and bent their heads in fear.
"Watch out, sir!" the soldiers warned in panic. They also restrained their movement and only tried to ward it off once it got close.
- Clang!
But before the dagger reached Angel, it fell to the floor. It turned out the blade was tied to a rope and it was not long enough to reach them. It was a test for their reflexes and speed.
That final attack led them to the weapon's owner who was hiding behind the window. A fine man around his 20s. A tunic, trousers, and vest covered his well-built body. Even though a mask covered his face, it couldn't cover the scar on one of his cheeks. From his hands, Angel knew he was a skilled fighter and from his muscles, it was clear his endurance was above his elite soldiers.
In one pull the weapon returned to the man. Quickly, he jumped through the window and entered the room without taking his eyes off Angel. His eyes scanned Angel and Flare's bodies, trying to guess whether they were fighters or not. Luckily, they used a fancy cloak. Even though it didn't cover their entire body, it was enough to create the illusion of their bodies' size.
Angel and Flare pretended to retreat in fear. While the soldiers' swords were aimed at the man in caution.
But the mercenaries answered that cautious act with a noisy voice as the others came out of their hiding places.
In a second, Angel and the others were surrounded.
Angel swept his gaze around to show his panic. To exaggerate it, he showed his trembling hands and lips, expressing how big his fear was. Likewise with Flare and the others.
Upon their panic and fear, the man smirked wickedly.
"Don't be afraid, sir. We're just giving you our warm greeting."

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

11