Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 127. The Underground Mercenaries III
290 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 127. The Underground Mercenaries III
"I think your warm greeting isn't that pleasant, Sir Stefan," Angel replied. It was the man's name. From the scar on his face, Angel guessed that he was the leader. He knew this from his dark agent's information.
Stefan laughed wickedly.
"Just relax, pal. We won't hurt you. You are our precious client anyway,” he said casually. His hand spun around his weapon in front of him, so he could throw the weapon at any time if he wanted to. Since he had never heard of the wealthy merchant in front of him, he decided to be more careful.
"Then, can you prove your words?" Angel swept his gaze around him once again, pointing at the people surrounding them. An indirect request to lower their weapons.
But Stefan replied by tilting his head and giving him a condescending gaze.
"That request of yours, I can't fulfill it. Instead…” He stopped his hand movement and gripped his weapon tightly before he aimed the blade at Angel.
"You are the one who has to lower your weapons," he said menacingly.
Instead of Angel, it was Flare who answered him.
"What if we don't want to?" she retorted. A trace of panic was evident in her tone of voice. It was an act since no one would give up their weapons under these circumstances.
Stefan smiled slyly.
"I'm sorry. ma'am. It's not a request, but an order." His smile disappeared. “Now drop your weapons! All of you!” he ordered again.
"Drop your weapon," Angel repeated for his soldiers.
The soldiers immediately carried out his orders.
Stefan smiled contentedly.
“Oh looks like Sir Bradley is a quick learner,” he complimented. It was Angel's fake name.
Once the swords were on the ground, the other mercenaries immediately picked them up. The swords weren't their only weapon so they weren't too worried about that. Moreover, his soldiers had been trained to do hand-to-hand combat.
“Now take a seat,” Stefan gestured at the nearby table.
Angel and Flare walked to the table while the soldiers tailed them. But the mercenaries immediately block them, separating Angel and Flare from the soldiers.
Spontaneously, they turned to Stefan.
"Pardon me, Sir Bradley. But I only invite you two. Your guards have to wait outside for safety reasons,” said Stevan with a sly smile.
"Isn't this too much? What about our safety?” asked Angel.
“We are the rules in this place, sir. Obey us or leave!” Stefan threatened.
Angel turned to the guards.
"Just wait for me outside," he ordered. His eyes stared straight at the guards. With just that simple gesture, they realized that Angel ordered them to take care of the other mercenaries.
"We understand, sir," they answered before they left.
Angel and Flare sat down. Likewise with Stefan. The other mercenaries surrounded them. Some even still had their weapons ready.
"Before we make the deal, I'll ask you a few questions," Stefan started this conversation.
"First. How will you pay us? Second. Tell me what's your problem with this high noble? And third. When do we have to do it?” he asked straight to the point.
“I will pay you in cash. If you don't like it, I also have jewelry and horses. I hope you can finish him before the end of this month since he's always getting on my nerves. As for the second question… didn't I say everything in my letter?” Angel replied, frowning.
While Flare's eyes glanced in all directions making sure that there was no one hiding and waiting for a good opportunity to attack them. Once the guards had cleared the others, it would be their turn to take care of the leader.
"We have to make sure the story's credibility. If you are the one who made this request, you should know everything," answered Stefan lightly. And made sure that Angel could pay for them of course. Some clients only made requests to him, but they disappeared after they took care of it. Also since they knew that some kingdoms started to see them as a threat, he decided to be careful.
"I will tell you my request. But after this, I hope you can also tell me a bit about your organization since…” Angel swept his gaze around.
"I'm not sure this is enough to kill 'Him'," Angel continued.
"Don't worry. My men are more than this,” Stefan stated.
"Fine. I'll tell you what you need to know," Angel said.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

10