Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 130. The Underground Mercenaries VI
222 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 130. The Underground Mercenaries VI
Stefan could only grit his teeth and glare at him. Fear enveloped every corner of his body but Stevan tried to hide it. If he had to die, so be it.
"Save your strength. I won't speak a word even though you torture me. Better. Just kill me and all of us here,” Stefan challenged without hesitation.
Upon that challenge, Angel chuckled evilly.
“What a bold request, Sir Stefan. But it's not up to you to decide, but me," he said as soon as he stopped laughing.
From his statement, Stefan realized this would be a painful death for him.
"First question. How many of you?” asked Angel without further ado.
Stefan didn't answer.
Upon his silence, Angel decided to throw this question at the others.
"Does anyone want to answer it?" Angel looked to the left and right, indicating that the question was for everyone there.
But just like Stefan, all of them didn't answer.
Angel exhaled a long breath and returned his gaze to Stefan.
"I will speak if I am you," he threatened.
But Stefan wasn't afraid.
“I will repeat it once again, Your Majesty. We're not going to say a word," he clarified.
"Aren't you afraid I'll torture you?" he asked.
"Go ahead. We are not afraid,” Stefan returned his challenge without hesitation.
Angel nodded repeatedly.
“I see… I'm trying to give you two a second chance since all of you are around my age. But it seems I have to do it harshly.”
He stood up and approached Stefan. Angel's hand reached out to Stefan's head and gripped it.
"Any last words?" he asked coldly.
Stefan didn't answer, but only gritted his teeth. His breath quickened. His heart was beating fast. He knew it would be his last. Still, he wouldn't say anything.
"No, Your Majesty," he replied. These were his final moments and he knew he deserved it due to his carelessness in choosing a client. He was overly confident after accepting a big mission to kill Angel.
But as the leader of this organization, he knew the risk and consequences.
'I'm sorry guys,' Stefan thought in regret.
Angel used his Mind Corruption on the leader and closed his eyes. A wave of information immediately rushed into his head, making his head even heavier.
Stefan's screams of pain filled the room, filling the other members' faces in horror and fear. Their bodies trembled. So were their lips. But none of them raised their voices.
When he let go of his hand, Stefan fell to the ground.
Angel gasped and opened his eyes. His rage peaked since the mercenaries were worse than he thought. They did their business ruthlessly by getting rid of many other mercenaries and committing many crimes so the clients would come to them. They didn't even hesitate to kill or blackmail their clients if they needed to. Sometimes they also caught and tortured innocent people when they were drunk, just for fun. They usually did it in small villages or forests, outside the guard's surveillance.
"Kill them all," Angel ordered coldly. Seeing Stefan's ability, Angel wanted to hire his mercenaries for real. But he changed his mind.
"Yes, Your Majesty," replied Flare.
The next thing that filled the room were the mercenaries' cries of pain and begs for mercy. Some of them even changed their mind and were willing to say their hiding place or whatever Angel needed. But he refused it. He already knew everything from Stefan's memory so what he wanted was to dispose of them all.
Blood splashed everywhere and bodies started falling as Flare slashed her weapons at them. It was a one-sided slaughter since none of them could move their bodies. But Angel didn't seem to care. His face remained cold.
What he did was return to his seat and stare at the carnage in front of him. His mind was deep in thought.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

11