Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 131. The Underground Mercenaries VII
276 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 131. The Underground Mercenaries VII
There was some important information he got. The first was about their hideout's location. He didn't expect what he thought to be Stevan's bluff to turn out to be true.
Their members were enough to form 2 platoons of troops and skilled enough to finish off a high noble and his guards. Their abilities were at least half that of his Black Devil army and it worried him.
This organization was like cancer that would spread rapidly. So he had to crush them to the core and make sure no one escaped. Also, he had to make sure everything was done in one go. If one of them escaped, the angry members would take revenge or take their anger out on innocent people.
The second was Ivetta's plan. According to Stevan's memory, Ivetta just made another offer to join his troops. Based on the location, he guessed Ivetta was preparing her troops to trap Angel in Zephyrus. It was the same location as Frost's report. Unfortunately, he hadn't received another word from Frost or Dark Agent.
‘I have to act now.’ Even though he already knew about Ivetta and Ilex’s plans and was waiting on purpose so that he could get evidence, he wanted to settle this out as fast as possible, before their preparations were complete. But he couldn't be too early either. Since Angel was not sure they would carry out their plan if their preparations were too shabby.
But another dilemma hit him. He had a lot of important events like the requiem and such. While to make sure this plan went smoothly he had to go with Rose to Zephyrus to create a golden opportunity for Ivetta and Ilex. An opportunity they could not pass.
'Maybe I can bring Rose back to Scarlet Stone Castle to straighten out the agreement.' After all, Rose had agreed to be his real wife. Wasn't that a great opportunity?
He tried to organize his schedule and estimate how many troops he needed. If he brought too much then Ivetta would get suspicious, if he brought too little then he would lose. Whereas attacking Ivetta in secret wasn't a good idea since Ilex would bring him an important piece of evidence. A proof that would clear his name and restore his status as Asteria's Royal family. So he had to wait for the right moment.
'I should make a move after Independence day then,' he thought. It was the day when all the kingdoms on the Andromeda Continent celebrated their freedom after they defeated the ancient dark king. They usually threw parties though not as big as new year's eve. And yes, this matter also reminded him to check the library like what Lucian said.
One other thing that disturbed Angel was the King of Pontus' wife's mission to kill her stepdaughter, Princess Jyne, the girl he found in Ecrin Village. He didn't know why, but somehow that woman hated her stepdaughter so much. In addition, he also saw the faint dark force of the woman. So he was pretty sure the woman was a dark magic user. Luckily, they hadn't found her yet.
If true, that woman was the first dark magic user he found. Since he didn't find any of them before.
“All done, Your Majesty.” Flare's voice broke his thoughts and brought his attention back to reality. He swept his gaze across that room. Corpses had filled it and the red blood had colored the floor. The fishy smell of blood wafted through the room but even with the gruesome sight he still looked cold.
"Good," he answered simply. Then he stood up from his seat and walked to the exit.
As his feet stepped, he ordered again.
"Tell the guards to take care of the corpses and send a Magic Messenger to the Black Devil's army that we will start our night hunt in one hour."

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

13