Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 132. Exhaustion and Blood Smell I
227 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) -  132. Exhaustion and Blood Smell I
Hour after hour passed. It was almost dawn now and the sun was almost up. Rose was fast asleep in bed when Angel returned with his teleportation skill.
Once he emerged from his dark aura, he walked toward the bed. His hands peeled off his bloody clothes one by one and dropped on the floor nonchalantly.
'Tired…' he thought. He knew he should go take a shower before going to bed but he couldn't contain his exhaustion. Moreover, he had an important meeting in a few hours, so at least he wanted to close his eyes even if only for a moment. Still, he couldn't possibly sleep with his bloody clothes, so he decided to let them go.
The mission was a success. He and his soldiers managed to clean up all the assassins, making them pay for what they did with their lives. But since there were still some things to finish, Angel left Flare with his soldiers to clear the rest. Especially since they managed to free some slaves and found some armory.
With only a pair of shorts covering his body, the only clothes that didn't have blood on them, he slid into the blankets and closed his eyes. Indeed it was a bit colder than usual due to his lack of clothes but it was better than not having any sleep at all. In just a few seconds, he was fast asleep.
The movement that came by her side woke Rose up. But rather than being surprised, since she could already guess who he was. She opened her eyes a bit.
"Angelus?" she called in drowsiness. The only thing that made him a bit odd was the smell of blood coming from him. It was the first time she smelled this in the bedroom.
But Angel didn't answer.
Due to the silence, Rose decided to turn to him, just to make sure it was him.
Rose's gaze immediately caught Angel's tired face, so she decided not to bother him anymore.
A smile appeared on her lips.
"You've worked hard, Angel," she whispered. Rose's hand fixed the blanket on his body. Since that blanket almost covered his head, she lowered it and intended to put it on his chest the way Angel used it.
But she was shocked when she found Angel's bare chest. So he undid her attention and let the blanket cover his neck.
Not only that, but Rose also realized that Angel was not waking up even when she touched him. This was unusual since he usually snapped his eyes as soon as he heard a sound or felt movement coming from his side.
'What happened? Is he that tired?' she thought. She guessed he fell asleep immediately without going to the shower due to his exhaustion. She could understand since eradicating underground mercenaries was not an easy thing. Moreover, he did it for less than a night.
'Wait for a second…' In her foggy mind, a thought popped into Rose's head. Even though Angel didn't say a word about the location, wasn't this all too fast?
He was only gone for a few hours. This kind of mission should take longer. Plus the travel time since Rose wasn't sure this secret organization was near the capital. They usually hid in small towns or villages close to forests or mountains as their real hideout.
A random guess crossed his head.
'Is he not Angel?' But if that was true, this room's magic formation should have attacked him.
Even though that evidence was enough to prove his identity, she reached out her hand and decided to examine the scar on his chest, just to make sure it was really him. It was a rare scar since a human should have died with such a severe wound.
She reached out and grabbed his blanket before lowering it slowly. Not much but enough to show his chest and a deep scar on his left chest.
A sigh of relief escaped her mouth. Cautiously she covered him again. It was a bit cold here, yet he was naked. Almost naked. So she didn't want him to get sick. And she ended it by giving it a gentle brush on his cheek.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update



9