Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 133. Exhaustion and Blood Smell II
301 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) -  133. Exhaustion and Blood Smell II
Still, her suspicions did not fade. It was too strange that he could settle things so quickly.
Thinking again, he won the war quickly. Conquer three kingdoms within a few months. And all of those attacks were done straight at the capital as if their border defense was nothing. Except for Asteria of course. Since they had an open war. Things escalated too quickly even though he had tremendous military power and four strong generals.
Indeed, Angel once explained that he used his double to trick his whereabouts during the war and she had seen one of them, Rai. But after she thought for a while, how could the Asterian's royal family be fooled by that? Even though they had a grudge against him, they were his family. They had lived with him far longer than anyone. At least they should know when something was wrong or different with him.
After all, of that many people and soldiers, hadn't anyone seen his face before the war? Or was that the reason why he always spoke using his delegate when it related to other kingdoms? So he could infiltrate their territory easily in case of an emergency.
She took her hand away from him. Her eyes stared at his tired face in silence.
‘Is it possible for someone to be in two places at once?’ she wondered. She realized that the key to Euphorion's victory was his dark power. Another king wouldn't be able to do that even if they used the same strategy. It was his power that allowed him to win in no time. The reason why everyone was afraid of him was undeniable, she also felt the same way.
'What is he hiding from me?' she wondered. This mystery piqued her curiosity.
Maybe, this was what made many people curious about him. While the others wanted to kill him due to their fear. It was because he was always covered by a lot of mystery. A mysterious past, a mysterious crystal, and a mysterious power. It was enough to attract many people to him.
She sighed and turned her attention elsewhere. Something lying on the floor caught her attention.
Curious, she sat down to take a closer look at the clothes and realized it wasn't his usual uniform.
'Oh, I forgot,' she thought. Before he left, Angel used a rich merchant's clothes as his disguise.
Curious, she got off the bed and approached one of the clothes. Her hand took it and spread it out in front of her. The smell of blood immediately pierced her nose.
She furrowed her brows.
'That's why.' She couldn't imagine how many people he had killed just now. For sure, she wasn't sure there were any survivors.
Due to the smell, she decided to take care of it. She picked them up one by one before she placed them on the side of the door so the maids could take it out easier later. But when she wanted to return a unique shaped leaf on the floor caught her attention. She was sure it was from Angel's clothes since it wasn't there before.
Rose walked over to it and took it. Her eyes were fixed on the leaf paid attention to every detail. The forehead creased in confusion and disbelief.
"This can't be..." she muttered unconsciously. Her drowsiness disappeared once she discovered another mystery.
She realized it was a leaf from a rare tree that usually grew in the mountains. The problem was that there were no mountains around the capital. It would take at least a few days to arrive at the nearest mountain so it didn't make sense. Angel couldn't possibly go and come home that fast.
Indeed the leaf may be carried from that place to the capital for any reason. But they could only bring it after it was dried since the tree couldn't grow other than in the mountains with a certain temperature. While judging by the freshness of the leaf, Rose knew it had just fallen from the tree.
She turned to Angel who was fast asleep on the bed.
“What are you hiding from me, Angelus…”

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

13