Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 134. Exhaustion and Blood Smell III
211 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 134. Exhaustion and Blood Smell III
Within a few hours, the sun began to appear on the eastern horizon. Slowly, the sky above Luminus City was getting brighter.
His body clock woke him up. Reluctantly, he forced himself to open his eyes and turned to the window. His sight could faintly catch the sunlight sneaking through the gaps between the curtains.
'It's morning already?' he thought. He still wanted to sleep a little longer, but the meeting was about to start. If he didn't get ready soon then he would be late. It was an important meeting so he couldn't be missed out either.
Dragging his tired body, he sat down on the bed and yawned. He rubbed his eyes, hoping it would make his vision clearer. At times like this, sometimes he wished he wasn't a king just because he wanted to sleep more.
"Morning, Angelus," said Rose who was sitting by his side. After what she found, she couldn't sleep and ended up awake all the time.
"Morning," he replied. It was unusual for her to be awake like this. He knew this from her eyes and her face which looked much fresher than if she had just woken up.
Without saying anything he turned to the side and got down from the bed. He was too sleepy for any small talk, so he decided to go straight to the bathroom to freshen up.
Nonchalantly, he walked toward the bathroom. He didn't even bother to cover his body since he wasn't really awake yet. His brain felt blank. He felt like a brainless undead.
Rose quickly chased after him and walked by his side.
“You look tired. Shall I help you to take a shower?” she offered. She had never offered this before so she was a bit nervous but her curiosity about what happened last night prompted her to do it. She wished she could ask him a question or two.
He should be happy with it but he was too tired for that. His mind was still blank so what he wanted was to spend some time alone until his brain was fully awake.
"Thank you. But I can do it myself," he politely refused without turning to look at her or stopping his steps.
"It's fine. Let me help you," she insisted.
"No, I don't need it," she replied in a flat tone.
"I insist."
Those words made him stop in his tracks and turn to her, staring at her with half-opened eyes.
“That's so unusual.” He raised his hand and sniffed the back of his hand. A frown on his forehead.
“Is my smell that bad?” That was all he could think of in his blurry mind.
In a panic, Rose quickly grabbed his hand and lowered it.
"That's not the case."
"Then?" he asked in a half sleepy tone.
"I just wanted to help you," she blurted out without a second thought.
A frown appeared on his forehead. He was confused by her unusual attitude yet too sleepy to ask.
"Thank you. But I don't need it." Then he walked to the bathroom again, but Rose caught his hand. Once again, it stopped his steps.
"I think you will," she insisted.
Feeling there was something she wanted, he exhaled tiredly.
“Can you tell me what happened? Or what do you want?” he said straight to the point.
Nervously, she let his hand go.
"Nothing."
"I know you're up to something," he made a bull-eye guess.
Finally Rose decided to tell the truth.
"Can we talk?"
“Is it a long talk or a short one?” he made sure since he didn't have much time.
“A short one. If you say everything honestly.”
He glanced to the side and realized his bloody clothes were already at the side of the door.
"Is this about last night's mission?" Again, he made a bull-eye guess.
"Yes."
Due to that answer, he guessed that Rose wanted to ask about the mercenaries and Ivetta.
“Then can we talk later? I have an important meeting soon.”
"You don't mind telling me?" She asked in surprise. She thought he would refuse to tell her since it was classified information.
“It's about Ivetta, right? I don't mind it," he guessed.
Even though his guess was wrong, it was enough to swift Rose's attention.
“You have information about Ivetta?” she asked in surprise.
From her reaction, he realized it wasn't what she initially wanted. But he decided not to ask anything and replied with a nod.
"Not much. But I believe you want to know. I also want to say a few things to you later. It's about what we have to do next," he explained.
"What happened?" Rose's expression turned serious.
"Their plan is almost complete. It is time to end it."
*Ba-thump*
Rose's heart skipped a beat. Her thoughts flew to what Ivetta had done to her family. Her anger crept up in her heart but before she could give any response, he spoke again.
"I will tell you everything at lunch." Without further ado, he walked toward the bathroom.
While Rose was speechless. Her mind was filled with many questions and what she wanted to do if she met Ivetta, completely forgetting that she wanted to ask about the leaf.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
10