Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 141. Euphorion’s History Book III
272 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) -  141. Euphorion's History Book III
Angel's mind immediately fell on something else.
‘Right, the woman!’
Eagerly, he opened another page and tried to find out about the mysterious woman who helped him regain consciousness after he left The Death Forest. He was sure she had something to do with the crystal and him too. Besides… She was the one who accompanied him when he was at the lowest point in his life. When he couldn't even control his consciousness and body.
Regardless of the time, Angel kept turning page after page and reading, but he didn't find any information about this woman. He didn't feel any emotional turmoil either when he touched or read another page. It was only the map that made his emotions overflow.
So he could only guess two things.
First, the woman was the dark king's lover who committed suicide. The princess of the Heart family who had been kidnapped by the ancient dark king. But, why was she helping him when she didn't know him at all?
Second, the woman was a guardian or maybe a white sorcerer who had tried to seal the crystal power but ended up losing her life. Simply, her fate was similar to Lucian's but she died for a different reason. So she helped Angel out of pity and guilt because due to her failure, the crystal managed to get a new host.
Angel closed the book in front of him and decided to call it a day. He planned to check it out next time when his mind was fresher. But he couldn't erase the questions that flooded his mind.
'I think I should check that place,' he thought. But it wouldn't be easy. The path to that mountain had been closed long ago and he couldn't use his teleportation skill to get to it since he had never been to that place before. He had no other choice but to go there manually. By foot maybe, since he wasn't sure the horse could withstand the mountain's intense evil atmosphere.
On the other hand, he wasn't sure he would find anything there. That incident happened several hundred years ago so all the clues might have gone.
Another worst case… The evil atmosphere could have swallowed his consciousness just like what happened when he passed through The Death Forest for the first time. If the woman didn't show up to help him, he had already ended up being the second dark king just like what the crystal wanted.
Upon that thought, Angel fell silent again. The shadow's voice echoed in his head. It was the last message before he lost consciousness.
‘You are the key to reviving my master…’
He couldn't help but shudder in horror. An overwhelming feeling of anger engulfed his heart. But his body trembled in clear fear due to his childhood trauma.
“No… I shouldn't go there. It could be a trap… It could be his intention from the start,” he whispered. He wanted his revenge. But if the shadow's goal was to lure him back to the ancient castle and turn him into a new dark king, a vessel of the ancient dark king, then he would choose to restrain himself. He wouldn't let the shadow get what he wanted.
Still, he didn't want to let his father's killer go. It was not just about revenge or satisfying his anger, but also about a bigger plan that the shadow hid behind it all. The dark king's revival would mean the end of people's freedom and he didn't want that. And of all people, he was the owner of that power. He had to figure out how he could withstand the crystal's power in case it got out of hand one day.
“Angelus, are you here?” Rose's voice startled him and dismissed his thoughts. Quickly he stood up from his seat and turned to the source of the voice.
"Rose, why are you here?" he asked.
Noticing the sweat on his temples and his slightly pale face, she approached him quickly.
"The dinner started an hour ago and you haven't shown up yet." It was rare for Angel to spend time in the library. Her curiosity piqued her heart but she decided not to ask immediately.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
11