Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 148. Independence Day IV
215 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) -  148. Independence Day IV
The play was over and loud applause filled the room. The nobles were impressed with the play, including Angel, even though he wasn't interested in it at first. He even asked Chancellor Allan to raise their payment.
The curtain was closed and everyone was allowed to leave the pavilion to enjoy food and snacks or stroll through the garden. But none of them left their seats before the king rose from his seat. That was the usual etiquette.
“Shall we take a bite or two? Watching the play makes me a little hungry," said Rose, turning to him. "Then we can go for a walk in the garden after," she continued.
A second later, she pressed her lips once she remembered Angel's habits. He usually used this opportunity to seek information among the nobles so asking her to eat with her was a bit too much for him.
"Oh, I forgot. You want to talk to the others,” she added, hoping her request wouldn't deter Angel from doing his duty.
Noticing how Rose noticed his habit, a smile appeared on his lips.
"It's fine. I decided to enjoy this event.” He realized that the book had stirred his feelings and made him stressed, so he didn't want to push himself any more than that and decided to take a break.
"Are you sure?" she made sure. "That's unusual," she added in shock.
“Taking a break once in a while isn't a bad thing. And I realized I needed it. I've been too strict with myself lately," he admitted.
Her expression turned bright.
"Very well. I think we should start with the cakes.” She brought her lips closer to Angel's ear. “ I asked the Chancellor to order these cakes from the best pastry shop in the capital.” She had no other choice but to whisper since she couldn't manage anything related to the castle, so she had to keep all of it a secret. Then she distanced her face away, revealing a smile before she spoke again. “I've tried it on the last invitation and they are very good. You should try it."
"Fine." This was the first time he saw Rose excited about a simple thing like this. Somehow it made her look like an ordinary woman.
They had just stood up from his seat and were about to walk towards the tables, but several noblemen approached and greeted them both. It stopped their steps.
"Your Majesty. Your Highness," they greeted politely.
The royal couple answered it with a simple nod.
“Mind for a little talk Your Majesty?” asked one of the noblemen without further ado. He knew Angel didn't like small talk so saying what their intention was up front was the best way to convey their request. But since they wanted to say their intentions to 'help Angel' manage his colony, they couldn't say it in front of Rose.
“Is it something important?” asked Angel, wondering why they had approached him while usually, he was the one who approached them looking for information about what had happened. It was a little strange since what happened was the opposite.
“Not really important, Your Majesty. But we can't convey this by letter. Since this is a little complicated, we would like to tell you directly to avoid misunderstanding. We hope you will give us a chance.”
Due to the noblemen's request, Rose decided to leave Angel with them.
"I will excuse myself, Your Majesty." 'We can't convey this with a letter' was a buzzword that they wanted to have a secret conversation and usually had to do with politics. Even though Angel didn't mind Rose listening to it, Rose realized that at a big event with many nobles like this, she had to show that she didn't interfere in his work.
"If you can't find me in the pavilion, you can look for me in the garden," she added in case he wanted to find her after he finished later.
He answered with a nod.
"I will come to you after I'm done," he stated. It was a sign for the noblemen to make the talk short.
After giving him a bow, Rose left with Claire who quickly tailed her.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
10