Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 150. Independence Day VI
190 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) -  150. Independence Day VI
Once he got away from them, he intended to find Rose. He swept his gaze within that room. His feet continued to stride through the crowd, but there were too many people there.
"Should I help you find her, Your Majesty?" Cley offered. He immediately realized that Angel was looking for Rose.
“Stay with me. I need you as my shield,” Angel said straight to the point.
"Huh?" answered Cley in a stupid voice. His confusion was evident from the tone of his voice and the expression on his face. "What do you mean, Your Majesty," he asked again.
"The nobles. All of them have their eyes on me," Angel informed without turning to look at him.
It made Cley aware of his surroundings. Without stopping his steps, Cley glanced around and realized what Angel said was true. All of them stared at Angel as if he was a rabbit among hungry wolves. Somehow it gave him goosebumps. Luckily he was able to hold his cringe.
Quickly, Cley approached him closer.
“What do they want, Your Majesty? Why are they looking at you with that gaze?” he asked in a low voice.
“Which one are you asking? The male or female?” asked Angel. Both had different intentions and he realized it.
“I know the noblewomen put their eyes on you to be your queen. But what about the nobleman? Do they want to ask you for territory too?” Cley tried to guess.
"More and less," he said with a huff.
Cley's surprise was evident on his face.
"Are you serious?" Cley glanced to his side and caught the way the two noblemen were whispering to each other before he turned his attention back to Angel. “All of them?” he confirmed.
"Not all. But mostly. So, if they catch us, it's your job to remind me of my schedule and create an escape path for us." He turned to Cley. "Do you understand?" he emphasized.
Cley swallowed his saliva. A gulp sound came from his throat. "Yes, Your Majesty." Even though this wasn't a real battlefield, it felt like another battlefield to him.
"Good. I'm glad you learn this quickly since our second guest is coming to us," said Angel. They had already made eye contact and the lady was already walking towards him so he wasn't sure he could leave without a small talk.
"Who---" Cley's voice stopped as a young woman in a yellow dress with a pretty ribbon embellished on her neckline, blocked their way, and bowed politely.
“Your Majesty,” she bowed and greeted politely. It was unavoidable so they had to stop their steps.
Immediately, Cley covered his mouth with his hand and held back his question.
"Who are you, young lady?" asked Angel. He didn't remember her name, but he did remember meeting her once.
“My name is Melissa, Your Majesty. The third daughter of Count Seiron. We met when Chancellor Allan arranged our meeting a few months ago,” she introduced herself.
"I see..." Angel lightly replied as he paid attention to his surroundings. He knew he had to finish this quickly since several nobles had already paid attention to him.
"Is there something you want to talk to me about, Lady Melissa?" he asked without further ado.
“I would like to thank you for inviting our family to this event. I also want to say that I enjoyed the show and the food was delicious. You have good taste, Your Majesty," she started with a small talk.
“Rather than me, you should say that to the Chancellor. He's the one who organized today's event.” He knew it was just small talk and he wasn't interested in talking any further, but pushing his guests away was disrespectful. So he simply gave Cley a sign by tapping his foot a bit.
Lady Melissa was a little panicked since her start was a little wrong so she decided to fix it.
"Oh, pardon me. I forgot. You are too busy, so---” But before Lady Melissa could finish her sentence, Cley interrupted her.
“My apologies for interrupting you, My Lady." He turned to Angel. "Your Majesty, if we don't leave now, we will be late for your next schedule."
"Really?" Angel said with a frown as if he hadn't expected his busy schedule. Then he returned his gaze to her. "I guess I have to close our conversation, Lady Melissa. I hope you enjoyed the party." Without another word, Angel and Cley left.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
10