Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 151. Independence Day VI
240 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) -  151. Independence Day VI
After they managed to escape, Angel and Cley encountered a few more nobles. Either the noblemen who tried to give their advice about Euphorion's new territory or offer their help to manage them or the noblewomen who tried to ask for time so they could get to know each other better.
Angel did not expect the day when he chose to enjoy the event could turn into something like this. This was even worse than when he searched for information from the nobles like he usually did. If it wasn't for Cley helping him, he might have been stuck with those people a lot longer.
On the other hand, Rose also experienced the same difficulty. Several married noblewomen approached her to talk, eat or just take a walk. Just like Angel, she also relied on Claire to escape from all of them. She even immediately realized that this was the women's strategy so that their daughters or husbands could talk to Angel longer.
Even though Angel and Rose were in the same room, it felt like they were miles apart. They didn't even know each other's location since the crowd didn't disperse. Most nobles were not interested in enjoying the garden at all as long as Angel and Rose were there. Only the teenagers and a few nobles who didn't want to get involved in politics decided to take a walk in the garden. Unfortunately, the royal couples couldn't push them away due to etiquette.
Taking nearly half an agonizing hour for them to meet, they quickly fled from the pavilion and headed to the castle. So instead of taking a walk in the garden, they decided to enjoy the food and the sunset from the castle balcony. They also dismissed Cley and Claire after the twins had worked hard to help the royal couple break away from the crowd.
A long exhale came out of Angel's mouth as he sat on the stone rail on the balcony and leaned his back behind a pillar.
“That was so chaotic,” he said with a huff before he took a sip of the wine in his hand.
Since they couldn't eat and drink in peace, Sarah took the initiative to bring some food and drink there.
Rose sat on the stone rail near his feet.
“I also didn't expect to be that bad…” she said. Her exhaustion was clearly visible on her face. She thought she could take a walk with him or just enjoy some fresh air, but she was wrong.
Her words made him turn to her and narrowed his eyes. "So you already know it all along." A hint of annoyance was in the tone of his voice.
"I thought you noticed it," she said with a dry smile. "And I thought it wouldn't be this bad," she added in a lower voice, glancing to the side. Then she cleared her throat nervously. "Besides, didn't I tell you ?” said Rose, looking back at him.
"You did. But…” He fell silent after remembering that she didn't expect this either. So instead of continuing his complaint, he ended it with a long exhale and cast his gaze to the garden.
"Forget it," he said before he took another sip of his wine again. He didn't want to spend his remaining energy on ruining their mood after what happened.
Realizing his sour mood, Rose decided to cheer him up. She got up from her seat, took some mini cakes onto a plate, and took a small spoon before she returned to him.
"Remember about the cakes I mentioned to you before?" She said as she stopped by his side. Her hand cut a mini cake into smaller pieces and brought the spoon closer to him. "Sarah managed to bring some," she added.
Her sudden movement startled Angel. He glanced at the spoon before he returned his gaze to her.
"I'm not a kid. You don't have to feed me." He couldn't help but feel awkward even though he knew it was just her initiative. It was the first time someone other than the maid fed him.
She smiled.
"I know you are not a kid, but you are my husband. Feeding the one you love is a common thing in Zephyrus. So…" She brought the spoon closer to his mouth.
"Open your mouth." She was sure the sweetness of the cake would cheer him up. Besides, sweets were the best mood booster.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
11