Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 152. Sunset And Balcony I
196 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) -  152. Sunset And Balcony I
He moved his upper lip slightly, giving his permission. After that, she gently pushed the spoon forward.
The soft, moist cake entered his mouth. His lips closed around the spoon, and he tasted the sweet taste of the cake. The fluffy texture melted in his mouth, making him let out a long exhale.
"Wow… That's good," he finally spoke after a short moment of silence.
"Told you," she smiled. His compliment made her happy.
“I'm glad you like it," she said as she handed him the rest of the cake.
“Let's eat together, shall we?"
But rather than take it, he only glanced at it for a second before he shifted his gaze to Rose again.
"Only a bite? You don't want to feed me the rest of it?" Although he said it in a teasing tone, it was a clear demand. He was a bit embarrassed at first, but after he realized no one paid attention to the balcony, he decided to do what he wanted to do.
"If you insist…" With a smile, she lifted her head and looked at him. A crazy idea crossed her head.
After making sure no one was around, she reached for the spoon and took another bite. But rather than feeding him like the first time, she put the cake between her lips and brought it close to him. Her heart was beating fast since this was the first time she did something bold like this to a man. But with the atmosphere and all he did to help her, she wanted to do something nice to him. Something romantic for this rare event.
Angel's eyes widened upon seeing her action. He quickly realized that she wanted to feed him straight with her mouth. And there was no way he could reject it.
His lips curled into a smile before he welcomed the cake with it. As her beautiful pink lips touched him, his body started to tremble, for whatever reason.
It was only a brief touch yet it was enough to flare up their emotion and feeling.
"Is it too much?" asked Rose once she distanced her lips. Her face was burning red with embarrassment.
"No, it's perfect," replied Angel with a smile once the cake melted in his mouth. "I can't believe you did it and I appreciate it," he added. He tried to keep his cold expression but he knew he couldn't.
"Forgive me if it's too bold for you." She lowered her head after saying it.
"Not at all. I think it's great. You can do it anytime." He then looked at her and smirked. "Thank you."
She nodded shyly.
They both ate their cake until it was finished. After that, they shared some fruits and some wine. In the end, they stayed on the balcony for a while longer to enjoy the sunset and the garden.
The sun was almost sinking on the western horizon and the sky was getting darker. The water is getting colder and the wind is blowing harder. One by one the nobles left the castle and the garden was increasingly deserted. There was hardly anyone walking around there. Yet Rose and Angel decided to stay on the balcony a little longer just to chat.
They talked about everything under the sun, from trivial matters to serious ones. But most importantly, Angel was able to share his concerns regarding their current situation or whatever was on his mind.
Rose listened to him carefully and answered whenever he needed help. However, their conversation seemed never-ending, especially since the two of them were now a bit tipsy. It was a rare occasion so Sarah brought them another drink than Innocent Wine. It was a new product of the kingdom, so Angel decided to try it.
Their cheeks were flushed with excitement. Their gazes met every once in a while. Each time they did so, Rose felt her heart skip a beat.
"It's almost dinner time. We should get inside now." Angel decided to end their conversation, although he wanted to stay longer.
Rose nodded.
"Let's go," she agreed. But then something unexpected happened.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
13