Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 153. Sunset And Balcony II
262 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) -  153. Sunset And Balcony II
Angel stopped his steps and looked sharply at the garden. His eyes fell on the suspicious movement among the bushes. Not a single noble was there. All of them had gone home and the fact that this man was hiding behind the bushes showed that this man had bad intentions.
Defty, Angel grabbed Rose's waist and took her into his arms to protect her. His eyes which were fixed on the bushes were filled with clear killing intent. His other hand was pointed at it. Soon ten black arrows appeared around him and shot at that man.
"Ahhh!" A woman's scream came from behind the bushes and a young woman fell in fear because of his Demonic Arrow.
Angel gasped. Upon that familiar voice and figure, he held his attack, letting his Demonic Arrows in the mid-air one meter in front of that woman.
"Belle? What are you doing here?" he said in a firm tone. His displeasure was evident in his voice.
"P-Please forgive me... Y-Your Majesty." Belle apologized immediately as she stood up from the ground. Her face was blushing red and she was trembling in fear.
"What are you doing here?" he asked once more. There was no one there, including her father. If she wasn't lying, she had to be doing something bad.
"I came to say goodbye," she lied.
"Say goodbye?" he repeated as a sign that he didn't believe her.
"I- I want to return to my mansion and I haven't talked to you ever since I arrived. So at least I want to say goodbye to you," Lady Belle answered in a stammering voice.
"I see. And where is your father?" Angel narrowed his eyes.
"I don't know..." she answered. Duke Nicolin was talking to the Chancellor in the parlor room. He had asked her to come with him since it wasn't a political thing but she refused because she wanted to look for Angel.
She found the king with his wife on the balcony and intended to say a word or two to them. But with all the intimacy, Lady Belle decided to hold herself and look at them from a distance.
Although she knew the king was in love with Rose, Lady Belle couldn't help but feel jealous of Rose. She envied how she could be with Angel. How she was able to communicate with him and laugh together.
Rose was pretty and charming and she also looked very kind. She was also intelligent and she was able to talk about anything with the king. In addition, she was also able to do many things to help others. It shrunk Lady Belle's confidence.
"So, Lady Belle. Is that all that you want to say to me?" clarified Angel.
"Y-Yes. I-I just wanted to tell you that I'm going back to my mansion," she answered. It hurt to see how happy the royal couple was. It made her feel inferior and useless.
"Oh... Well. Be careful on your way back then," said Angel coldly as he released his Demonic Arrows.
The royal couple was about to turn around, but Lady Belle stopped them.
"N-No! Please wait!" she shouted.
Angel stopped his steps and turned back to her.
"Is there anything else you want to talk about?" he asked.
"I just want to ask you," she said as she looked down. "I want to know why you married Princess Rose."
"Is it that obvious? Political reason," Angel stated. Then he glanced at Rose. " And love," he added.
His statement broke her heart. With those two strong reasons, there was nothing she could do. She wouldn't have a chance to get Angel's heart or even become something in his life.
The pain pierced her heart, but she held it and put on her poker face as best as she could.
"I see. Thank you for answering my question, Your Majesty. Goodbye." With that, Lady Belle turned around and left the garden with a heavy step.
Her feet were trembling with anger and sadness. But no matter how hard she tried to fight against it, tears started to form in her eyes. Her pride was broken and her hopes shattered. She realized that she had to stop loving him.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
11