Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 154. Frost’s Thought
191 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 154. Frost's Thought
Elsewhere, Scarlet Stone Castle, Kingdom of Zephyrus.
The sun had set and the independence day celebration was over. The servants were busy tidying up the castle. It was just a formal celebration so there was nothing special about it.
King Eudon was already back in his chamber to take a rest. Likewise with Frost. But as an elemental spirit, he could not sleep, so he ended up sitting down in front of his desk and writing some reports.
As he moved the pen in his hand on the paper, he could feel a familiar magic power approach him and he knew what it was. Without further ado, he put his pen down and got up from his seat. His legs moved towards the nearby window before he opened it. His eyes gazed toward the red bird that flew in the dark sky toward him. It was Flare's Magic Messenger.
Once the bird slid down into the room, he closed the window and extended his hand. The bird was shattered into pieces as a message entered his head.
A smile appeared on his face. It wasn't an important message but he appreciated simple things like this. Especially since this was related to the king. According to the message, there wasn't any attack or ambush today. Euphorion's celebration went well. Even the royal couple enjoyed the event.
"Good for you," Frost muttered in relief. It was different from what happened in Zephyrus. The rebels had sent some assassins to kill King Eudon. So even though nothing happened in plain sight, the truth was the rebel almost managed to kill the king twice today. if it wasn't for him protecting him, King Eudon should be dead.
He felt proud of himself for being able to protect the king, especially since most of them were trained assassins. But he couldn't get full of himself just yet before Angel's plan was succeeded.
"I have to make sure the king's plan goes smoothly," he muttered to himself.
According to The Dark Agent's last report, Lady Ivetta's plan would be finished soon and Angel planned to take the opportunity to take care of her once and for all.
Although Frost had prepared everything according to Angel's order, he couldn't help but feel restless since he knew it would be a big and long fight. With this he was sure Angel could take his revenge on Ilex.
"By the time the rebellion will be over, we can finally catch those traitors," Frost murmured as he returned to his chair. There was happiness in his heart since he could remember Angel's sad face when they just conquered Asteria. At least, he was sure this would lighten Angel's pain.
"I hope everything will go well," he said to himself. He picked up his pen again and continued writing the next report.
But there was also a small doubt in his mind. Would the rebels really surrender after they saw their leader was dead? Or would they still resist even if they knew that they lost?
This worried Frost as he continued to write his reports since he knew most of the rebel's members were just innocent villagers. The rebels recruited them and trained them like real soldiers. Although he wanted to stop it and freed them as soon as possible, he couldn't do it. Ivetta had brainwashed most of them, so they believed that King Eudon wanted to destroy his kingdom, and Angel was the cruel, greedy king who wanted to take over the continent.
They believed that they were the soldiers of justice and releasing them without making a fuss was impossible. It was too risky, to begin with, so he had no choice but to follow the king's plan. He could only hope some, who didn't want all this mess, could take the opportunity to escape.
A bitter short chuckle out of his mouth as he stopped his hand.
"Since when did I start worrying about humans?" he muttered. This was out of his character yet… After he stayed with humans and was treated like a human, he started to feel emotions that he never felt before.
“I've changed that far huh?” he said before he continued to write.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
9