Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 162. Angelus’ Confession III
227 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 162. Angelus' Confession III

Angel's heart skipped a beat. He did remember that Rose had done the same thing before. Not to mention that they were married now. But her sudden gesture startled him.

"Fine," said Angel. He decided to swallow his nervousness and released Rose's hand. This was normal for a husband and wife, and he shouldn't panic just because of this. Wasn't this what he wanted?

Upon his permission, Rose resumed unbuttoning. She also couldn't help but feel nervous. Her heart was beating wildly even though it was her initiative.

'He is a patient, Rose! A patient,' she warned herself repeatedly and decided to treat Angel as a real patient, not as the man he loved. Yet her slightly trembling hands said otherwise. It showed how nervous she was.

Quickly, Angel noticed it.

"You are trembling," he said in a low voice. Only the two of them were in the room so they could hear each other's every sound and breath.

"I-I'm not," she denied. As soon as she managed to unbutton all of them, she immediately withdrew her hands to cover it.

But Angel quickly caught her wrist.

"You are trembling," he said once again. His eyes stared straight at her. With this, he was sure that Rose would not be able to deny it anymore since it was too obvious. Even though he could guess why, it couldn't dismiss his curiosity. Wasn't she the one who offered herself to do this? Yet, why was she nervous, more than him?

Rose could feel his pulse was faster than usual, but his sharp gaze was something else. That gaze made her nervous grow, just because of that simple thing. She even bent her head a bit due to her reflex.

She pulled her hand away to free herself.

"Just concentrate on your health," she quickly said, trying to ignore the sudden turmoil of feelings that attacked her.

She quickly stood up and took a new shirt from the wardrobe.

"You don't have to do it if you're that nervous," said Angel. He didn't want her to push herself.

She put the shirt on the bed.

"I'm not nervous," she admitted.

"Really?" he said in disbelief.

"Yes." She answered shortly and helped Angel undress. But again, once he touched her, her hands trembled again. Especially after she saw the scars on his back.

"Then are you afraid of me?" he suddenly asked once she managed to take off all his clothes.

Again, though Rose tried to divert her eyes to the other side, she could feel his gaze fixed on her. That made her even more nervous. Her heart was beating fast as if it was going to explode.

"No," she answered as shortly as possible so that Angel couldn't detect her nervousness that was getting worse. Her hands moved swiftly to put his new clothes on and button them as before.

"I've ordered a servant to bring soup for you. He should be here soon," she said once she finished changing his clothes. Secretly, she took in a couple of deep breaths to calm herself down.

"Thank you," he said.

"Then I will excuse myself." Rose was just about to stand up, but Angel caught her wrist and pulled her back to the bed. This time not only made her sit but fell into his arms.

Once again their eyes locked with each other. Their hearts were beating fast and their warmth embarked each other.

"I'm sick. Are you gonna leave me just like that?" he mentioned it on purpose. Somehow after what happened, he wanted something more than this, although he didn't know what he wanted for sure either.

Rose swallowed her nervousness and put all of her courage to look into his eyes.

"What do you want?" she asked straight to the point.

"You should care more about me," he demanded firmly.

"I do. That's why I came here," she whispered. Her husky breaths were between her words.

"I know you are worried about me. But what I want is more than that. I want your attention," he said boldly. There were only two of them there so he didn't hesitate to say what was on his mind

Rose could feel her heart pounding loudly in her chest. The warmth of his body was making her even more excited.

"You already have it," she whispered again.

As their eyes were on each other, their faces approached each other. But the knocking sounds from the door interrupted them.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

10