Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 167. His Intimidation
258 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 167. His Intimidation

The next day, Angel opened his eyes slowly and saw the sunshine pouring into the room. He could feel that his condition wasn't as bad as yesterday. It was probably because of the medicine he took and the fact that he slept well last night. He noticed that the pain was gone and he finally had normal breathing.

He stared at the ceiling for a moment and then sat up in bed. But then he realized that Rose was still sleeping beside him. So rather than getting out of bed, he looked at her, observing her in detail.

She was lying on her back with her arms folded across her stomach and the blanket covered half of her body. Her hair was spread all over the pillow and her lovely face looked peaceful.

This sight always calmed him down. It was a good way to start his morning.

"Good morning," she murmured and turned around to see him.

"Morning," he greeted her with a wide smile.

"How are you feeling today?" she asked him.

"Much better." He moved closer to her and hugged her. "Thank you for staying with me last night," he whispered in her ear.

"No problem," she answered.

"Oh right. I just remember, did you meet Frost last night? He was supposed to give his report to me." Now, his head was clearer so he could think better than last night.

"Yes, I met him when I took your medicine last night and told him about your condition. So he decided to give the report today," she explained.

"I see..." It meant there was nothing urgent with it.

Rose sat down on the bed and observed his expression for a while before she decided to tell him another thing, "Then I also already rearranged your morning meeting." Her reluctance was clear in her voice. She was afraid since she did this without his permission. Although she did it with good intentions, she knew she shouldn't do it.

A frown appeared on Angel's forehead. His displeasure was clear from his expression.

"You rearranged my morning meeting?" he clarified in disbelief. "Did I hear it wrong?" he asked. No one would dare do that to him. This was the first time anyone had done this.

She bent her head slightly in apology.

“Yes. We'll execute our plan soon and you are sick, so I took that decision on my initiative. If you want to blame someone, you can blame me. It was completely my fault,” she admitted.

Even though he wanted to be angry, he decided to keep it in. What she said was true and he couldn't deny it. Still…

"You should be asking my permission first," he said. His displeasure was evident in his tone. He was a king and Rose changed his schedule without saying anything to him. It was a big offense.

"I know. I won't say a word if you punish me," she said firmly. A mistake was a mistake and she knew her offense was fatal.

“I will. But not now. I still have a lot of work to do and I know you are doing it for my good," he replied.

“Still…” Then he took her chin and lifted it, forcing her to look at him. His intimidation was evident in the look in his eyes. “This is the first and the last time. You shouldn't do it ever again," he said in a firm tone.

Upon his gaze, Rose's heart skipped a beat. His gaze was so serious and his intimidation was clear. He didn't do anything yet it made her guts shrink. She knew the man in front of her was not acting like her beloved husband, but he had returned to being the king of Euphorion.

"I understand. I won't do it again," she replied.

"Good." He removed his hand from her. "So when will the meeting start?" he asked.

“I asked them to switch it to after lunch. With a full stomach, everyone should be able to think properly," she answered.

But he also knew after lunch was the worst time since some people often feel sleepy after they are full.

'At least, it's better than evening,' he thought.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

9