Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 186. The King’s Game of Chess VIII
210 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 186. The King's Game of Chess VIII

Once Angel's whistle pierced the air, Frost issued his command to his soldiers, his voice cold and commanding. "Seize them. Kill everyone and catch the woman!" His words hung in the air like a death sentence, and Ivetta felt a cold shiver run down her spine.

Ivetta's face went from one of smug satisfaction to one of pure panic as Frost's commanding voice rang out through the air. Her eyes darted around, looking for an escape. She didn’t expect that the soldiers would completely ignore Angel and Rose’s safety. Instead of saving them, they went straight to her and her members.

“Attack them!” she commanded. She had planned this rebellion for months, rallying the people and gathering weapons and supplies. She had been so certain that victory was within their grasp, so she wouldn’t back down easily.

The fierce battle raged on once again.

Ivetta's eyes darted around frantically, looking for an escape. But there was nowhere to go. The battle had already surrounded her, and she knew she was Frost’s target. So she had to get out of there fast.

But it wasn’t easy as the soldiers kept coming to her. With all her members busy, Ivetta knew that she had to fight for her life and made her own escape route. She drew her sword, the familiar weight of it comforting in her hand, and joined the battle. She had trained for this moment, for the chance to her dream.

The clang of metal on metal filled the air as Ivetta fought for her life. She could feel the sweat pouring down her face, the strain in her muscles as she parried blows and struck back. The battle was chaotic, with soldiers on both sides falling left and right. But through it all, Ivetta remained focused on her goal: to survive.

As the battle raged on, Ivetta's mind raced with thoughts of what would happen if she were to fall. She knew that Frost would show her no mercy.

‘No! I had to get out of here!’ she thought. She glanced at Frost who was still busy with her subordinates, before Ivetta turned around and ran as fast as she could, her feet pounding against the ground as she weaved in and out of the fighting.

She could feel the heat of the battle on her skin, the sweat and blood of the combatants splattering her clothes. She knew that if she didn't find a way out soon, she would be captured, and her life would be forfeit.

On the other side, Angel and Rose still clung to the rough stone of the hole, their bodies pressed tightly against the jagged surface. Above them, the sounds of battle raged on, a cacophony of clashing swords and ringing armor.

Rose shifted her gaze down once again and shuddered as she looked down at the bottom of the hole, where sharp, jutting rocks threatened to impale them if they fell. The sight sent a chill down her spine.

In desperation, she turned to Angel, her eyes blazing with determination.

"Angel, let me go," she said, her voice strong and resolute. "I don't want to be your burden. You have a chance to survive if you let me go. It's only a matter of time before we fall."

Angel didn't answer. Instead, he peered down into the depths of the cave, his eyes fixed on something unseen.

Rose could feel the tension mounting, the air thick with desperation and fear. She knew that they were in a dangerous situation, one that could end in their deaths at any moment.

"Angel... At this rate, we both will die! Let me go!" she pleaded, her voice trembling with terror.

But Angel didn't answer. Instead, a smirk appeared on his lips, a glimmer of confidence shining in his eyes. "Didn't I say you'd need me this time?" he said in a teasing tone. "What makes you think I don't know about this trap?"

The statement surprised Rose, her eyes widening in shock. Did that mean he knew how to climb up? Or someone would save them?

Before she could ask, he spoke again. "Close your eyes," he demanded once again, his voice firm and authoritative.

That demand made her confused even more.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

7