Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 194. Noises I
196 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 194. Noises I
Feeling her opportunity presented itself, with lightning-fast reflexes, Rose swung her whip, the sharp blade at the end gleaming in the dim light. The blade flew through the air and lodged itself in the side of the rebel's neck, silencing him forever.
The sound of the rebel’s body thudding against the ground echoed through the cavern, sending chills down the spines of the remaining two. Panic flashed across their faces as they drew their weapons, ready to defend themselves against this unexpected attack.
But Angel was already on the move. With a swift and silent stride, he crept up behind one of the rebels and plunged his sword deep into the man's back. The rebel let out a strangled cry, his body twitching as he fell to the ground, dead.
The last remaining rebel suddenly felt his comrade's body hit the ground. His eyes widened in horror, and he turned around, his body tensed to flee. But before he could utter a word, Rose sprang into action, whipping her weapon with lethal precision.
The sharp blade at the end of her whip sliced through the air, striking the rebel's back with a sickening thud. The force of the blow knocked him forward, sending him sprawling to the ground. His body writhed in agony as blood pooled around him, staining the cold stone floor of the cavern.
Angel approached her, his own sword still in hand, and the two stood side by side, surveying the scene before them. The cavern was now silent, the only sound the faint crackle of the dying torches.
As the adrenaline began to ebb away, Rose and Angel exchanged a meaningful glance, a silent understanding passing between them. Without a word, they both nodded. It was a moment of quiet triumph, but it was short-lived. They had to make their move now.
When Angel turned to the cave’s entrance once again, they could hear a commotion outside. They tensed and he halted his steps. His instincts kicked in as he listened intently to the sounds coming from beyond the cavern walls.
Seconds passed, and the noise was growing louder, and Angel knew that this wasn’t a good sign. He motioned for Rose to follow him, and together they crept towards the cave's entrance, their weapons at the ready.
The sound of clashing swords and battle cries filled the air, Rose and Angel exchanged another glance, their expressions tense and serious. They knew that the commotion outside the cave could mean one of two things.
The first possibility was that the rebels had somehow become aware of their presence and were now launching a full-scale attack. The second, and more preferable option, was that Frost and his troops had arrived to lend their aid.
Despite their hope for the latter, Rose and Angel knew they couldn't take any chances. They prepared themselves for the possibility that they were completely on their own.
As they arrived at the entrance, several figures entered the cavern at a rapid pace, their movements swift and practiced.
It was dark and Angel knew the battle was unavoidable, so without a second thought he acted based on his instinct.
- Clang!
Angel swung his sword, attacking one of them. The sound of the blades clashing echoed through the cavern, accompanied by the cold freezing air around him. It brushed his face like the cold of the freezing night. Angel immediately realized who his opponent was and lowered his weapon.
"You came faster than I expected," Angel said with a smile, his eyes fixed on Frost, who stood at the forefront of his troops. Several soldiers were positioned behind him, their weapons at the ready.
Frost also immediately lowered his weapon and bowed deeply in Angel's direction, the other soldiers following suit. "Your majesty," he said, his voice reverent.
Angel waved a hand dismissively, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "Cut the formality, how are things outside?" he asked, wasting no time in getting down to business.
"We've taken care of most of them, including the archers," Frost replied, his voice firm and confident. "They weren't much of a threat, the only issue is the archers that are nesting in the trees in the forest."

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

6