Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 195. Noises II
127 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 195. Noises II
Angel nodded thoughtfully. "Then, we can move on to our last plan," he said, his voice low and measured.
Frost's eyes widened with concern, his brow furrowing as he considered the implications of Angel's words. "Are you sure about that, Your Majesty?" he asked, his tone cautious. The plan that Angel had in mind was a risky one, requiring both him and Rose to enter the rebel base alone as bait and distraction while Frost and the others took care of the rebels quietly.
It was a dangerous mission, one that would require all of their skill and strength. Frost knew that there was no other choice - but that didn't make it any easier to accept.
Angel turned to Frost, his expression firm and resolute. "Yes," he said without hesitation. "I've thought about it carefully, and Rose has agreed with me."
The decision to proceed with their risky plan had not been an easy one for Angel. He had spent countless hours deliberating with Rose, discussing every possible outcome and weighing their options carefully. But in the end, he knew that this was their only chance to defeat the rebels once and for all.
Even though he was confident in his plan, Angel couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt at the thought of bringing Rose into such danger. He knew that she was the best bait for Ivetta, but the idea of putting her at risk made him heartache.
Frost, for his part, could only lower his head in silent agreement. He knew that Angel was right - there was no other option but to proceed with the plan, no matter the cost.
Angel and Rose shared a brief but meaningful glance, their eyes locking for a moment as they both understood the gravity of the situation.
"We should prepare ourselves," he said to Rose, his voice calm and steady. Rose responded with a nod, her eyes shining with determination.
They moved swiftly and efficiently, unsheathing their weapons with practiced ease. They knew that the success of their plan relied heavily on their acting skills and attention to detail, and they were determined to make it as convincing as possible.
Without hesitation, they tore off several pieces of their clothes, exposing their skin to the cool night air. Then, they carefully smeared the blood of their fallen enemies into several parts of their bodies, creating the illusion that they had been badly injured.
“We will clear the path for you, Your Majesty,” Frost said, his voice steady and reassuring.
Angel nodded in acknowledgment.
Frost turned to his soldiers and gave them a stern nod. It was time to get to work.
Without hesitation, they sprang into action, spreading out into the surrounding forest to clear out any remaining rebels. It was a dangerous task, but they were well-trained and well-prepared for the fight ahead.
The soldiers moved swiftly and silently through the trees, their weapons at the ready. They were like shadows in the night, their movements almost imperceptible as they hunted down their targets.
"This will be our final battle," said Angel, breaking the silence. He looked at Rose, his eyes filled with determination. This was it, the moment he had been waiting for, the moment where he could finally put an end to all of his grudges. “Are you ready?”
Rose nodded, her face equally serious. She knew that the moment was upon them, and it was no time for hesitation. She took in a couple of deep breaths to shake away her nervousness before she turned to Angel and answered with a firm voice, "I'm ready."
Angel and Rose emerged from the cavern, and the cool night air hit their faces. The forest stretched out before them, shrouded in darkness. The rustling of leaves and the chirping of crickets filled the silence.
As they stepped forward, they noticed the corpses of the rebels littering the ground. Blood stained the earth and the trees around them. According to Frost's instructions, none of the Euphorion soldiers were visible. They had blended into the shadows and were keeping a watchful eye from afar. They had the dangerous task of clearing the path for Angel and Rose, ensuring that no rebels remained on the way to the ruins.
Angel and Rose began to move forward, stepping over the dead bodies. Each step was taken with utmost caution.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

6