Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 196. The Ruins
307 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 196. The Ruins

The air was crisp and cool, carrying the scent of damp earth and the sound of rustling leaves as Rose and Angel ventured deeper into the dense forest. Their footsteps echoed against the soft ground, a rhythmic beat that was quickly swallowed up by the towering trees.

Rose's eyes scanned the surrounding foliage, her hand brushing against the rough bark of a tree as she walked. Angel trailed closely behind, her movements graceful and light as she navigated the uneven terrain. They had been walking for half an hour, their journey taking them further and further away from civilization, until finally, they arrived at the ruins.

The ancient stones loomed before them, their weathered surfaces covered in moss and vines. It was as if they had emerged from the forest like a forgotten memory, a testament to a bygone era. Rose felt a shiver run down her spine as she gazed upon the ruins, her mind racing with thoughts of the past.

As they approached the ruins, they could hear the faint whisper of wind through the cracks and crevices of the stone. The silence was almost deafening, broken only by the occasional caw of a distant crow. The ruins were imposing, their massive stones seeming to stretch on forever into the dense forest.

Rose and Angel stepped cautiously into the ruins, their footsteps echoing against the stone. The sound of their footsteps echoed in the dark stone corridor as Angel and Rose went deeper into the abandoned building. The musty scent of old stone and decaying wood hung heavily in the air, filling their nostrils with a pungent aroma. They walked through narrow corridors until they finally arrived at a large square in the middle of the arena.

The door behind them, shaped like iron bars, creaked shut with an ominous finality, causing both Angel and Rose to turn their heads. They had known all along that this was a trap and they decided to play along.

As they stood there, a female voice echoed through the arena, its sound bouncing off the walls and filling the space with an eerie reverberation.

"Angelus Raizel," the voice said, "I have heard that you are quite skilled in hunting competitions. Almost everyone who has witnessed your abilities has praised you for your proficiency in that game. And now, I see for myself just how talented you truly are. It is impressive that you were able to bring your wife to this place safely."

Angel and Rose turned their heads in the direction of the voice. There, sitting on a VVIP audience chair at the front of the arena, was Ivetta.

The tension in the air was palpable as Angel's piercing gaze bore into Ivetta's cold, calculating stare. "Cut the small talk," Angel spat, his voice laced with frustration and anger, "Where's Guardian's Sword?"

Ivetta merely smiled in response, the corners of her lips curling up into a twisted smirk. "Patience, Your Majesty," she said, her voice dripping with honeyed poison, "I'll tell you where the Guardian's Sword is, but you have to follow my game first."

Then her gaze shifted, and Angel followed her line of sight to Rose, who was standing a few feet away, her face etched with a mixture of confusion and fear. "Rose," Ivetta said, her voice low and seductive, "I knew you had always wanted to take part in a sword competition, but it was never permitted by your uncle. Therefore, I brought you here and prepared the best sword competition for you."

Ivetta's voice interrupted her thoughts. "This time, the participants of the sword competition are both of you," Ivetta continued, her eyes flickering with an evil glint, "but there was only one of you who could get out of here alive."

Rose's eyes widened in horror as Ivetta revealed her twisted plan. The mere thought of killing her own husband filled her with disgust and despair.

"You want us to kill each other?" Rose exclaimed, her voice shaking with anger and disbelief, "You already know we won't do it!"

Ivetta merely laughed; her eyes gleaming with malice. "Of course, I know you won't be doing it just like that," she sneered, "so I have prepared a little motivation for both of you."

She paused, relishing the suspense before continuing with a sadistic smirk, "Prince Ilex only used one-third of your family's poison to destroy Pearl Gate City. Currently, the rest is in Luminus City and Ironwall City. At noon tomorrow, that poison will spread throughout the cities. I will tell you the location depending on who’s the winner of this competition. If Angelus wins, I will tell you where Luminus City's poison is. If Rose wins, I will tell you where Ironwall City's poison is."

Rose felt her stomach drop as she realized the gravity of the situation. Innocent lives were at stake, and she and Angel were being forced to fight each other for the sake of their own kingdoms.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

7