Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 202. After The Battle I
188 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 202. After The Battle I
Angel raised his hand in a sweeping gesture towards the imposing iron gates that guarded the arena.
A dark aura emanated from Angel, enveloping the gate with an eerie embrace that seemed to consume it entirely. The metal groaned and shrieked as if in agony, then began to melt away like ice under a blazing sun. Within seconds, the gate was gone, replaced by a molten river of iron that glowed red-hot in the night.
As the last remnants of the gate melted away, Frost and Euphorion soldiers emerged from the shadows, their faces twisted with anxiety and concern. They rushed forward, their boots clattering against the stone floor, eager to ensure the safety of their beloved monarch.
"Your Majesty, are you all right?" Frost asked, his voice laced with fear as he approached Angel.
Angel's dark eyes glinted with an otherworldly light, betraying the immense power that he wielded. His response was calm, but his voice carried an undercurrent of tension. "I'm fine. How's the situation?"
Frost's gaze swept over the area, taking in the soldiers who were busy checking the arena and the guards who stood watch with grim determination. His gaze flicked to the prisoners who had been captured, ensuring that they couldn't escape, before returning to Angel. "We only managed to catch a few people and kill the rest," he explained, his words heavy with regret.
Angel pondered his next move. His mind raced with thoughts of Ilex and the twisted game he had played, leading Angel to this moment of uncertainty.
With Ilex nowhere to be found, Angel was forced to reconsider his original plan. He turned to Frost, his trusted ally, and issued a new set of commands.
"Frost, pull back the whole army," Angel began, his voice grave with the weight of his decision. "Take them to rest at the border outpost before returning to Euphorion."
Frost's brow furrowed in confusion, but he nodded, trusting in Angel's judgment. "And what of our substitutes, Your Majesty?" he asked, eager to ensure that he had understood Angel's instructions correctly.
Angel's expression was dark, and his eyes shone with a fierce intensity. "Prepare two substitutes to pretend to be me and Rose," he replied, his voice laced with urgency. "Take them to Luminus City as fast as possible, and meet me there."
Frost's eyes widened in surprise, but he knew better than to question Angel's orders. He nodded, a sense of purpose fueling his every move as he set about executing Angel's commands.
"Yes, Your Majesty," said Frost.
He turned to Rose. "We have to take care of our business first," he said, his voice strained with determination.
Rose nodded in silent agreement.
"Whatever I do, don't be surprised. I was planning to tell you and I think this is the right time." Angel raised his hand, and with a single wave, his soldiers retreated. His other hand gripping Ivetta's shoulder with a fierce intensity.
The air around them grew thick with a dark aura, enveloping and swallowing them whole as Angel used his teleportation spell. In a blink of an eye, they were gone, leaving the battlefield and its horrors far behind.
When they materialized, they found themselves standing in Scarlet Stone Castle's study room. The room was quiet and still, the only sound coming from the slow, rhythmic ticking of the clock that sat atop King Eudon's desk.
Rose was surprised by it. But she quickly caught that meant, Angel could use the teleport spell. Yet, what had happened, she could keep her composure.
Eudon sat in his chair, his eyes wide with shock and disbelief. He had not expected to see Angel and Rose. King Eudon stammered in disbelief, "R-Rose? A-Angelus?"
Angel greeted the king casually, trying to put him at ease. "Good evening, King Eudon. I have a little business here, I hope my presence doesn't bother you."
King Eudon stood up slowly, his eyes darting back and forth between Angel and Rose. "This... You... How..." he stammered.
Angel knew that time was of the essence. He needed to act quickly to disarm the poison that threatened the safety of his people. He turned to Rose, "Explain the problem to your uncle. I'll take care of the poison first." Initially, he just wanted to send a magic messenger to disarm the poison, but since Ilex was nowhere to be found, he decided to settle the poison as soon as possible.
Then without further ado, he went to the exit. But before he reached the door, a dark aura engulfed him as he used his teleportation skill.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

6