Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 203. After The Battle II
156 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 203. After The Battle II
The study room was silent except for the sound of King Eudon's deep breathing. His brow furrowed as he tried to calm himself, but the news he had just received had shaken him to his core. Rose stood before him, her face set in a determined expression.
"Rose, what exactly happened?" the king asked, his voice tight with emotion. "How did you suddenly appear here?"
Rose took a deep breath before speaking, her eyes never leaving the king's. "The rebels attacked us on the Eastern border," she began, her voice steady. "And we received information that the poison you gave to Ilex is now in Ironwall City and Luminus City. That's why Angel used his teleportation spell to get back here."
The king's shock was palpable. "I will order guards to help Angelus look for it!" he exclaimed, already turning to leave the room.
But Rose reached out and held him back, her grip was strong. "It's fine, we already know the location," she said calmly. "If we still can't find it, we'll just have to torture her again until she tells the truth."
King Eudon's eyes were heavy with sadness as he turned his gaze to Ivetta, the once-trusted member of the court who had betrayed him and his family. He couldn't help but feel a sense of disappointment and betrayal, knowing that he had shown her nothing but kindness and generosity.
"Ivetta... You are so close to Rose and we treat you well. I even gave you the freedom to go in and out of the castle. Why do you have the heart to do it?" he asked her, his voice heavy with emotion.
Ivetta laughed bitterly, her eyes flashing with anger. "Treat me well?" she spat out, her voice laced with venom. "If it wasn't for my father's last wish, would you all still treat me well? My father desperately defended you until he lost his life at the rebels’ hands, but what did we get? My mother and I still had to endure other nobles’ pressure! When you can't do anything to help us! You're weak! You don't deserve to be in the royal family!"
King Eudon felt his heart sink at her words. He knew that the pressure was immense and that Ivetta's family had suffered greatly since her father's death. But he couldn't understand why she would betray them, why she would turn to the enemy.
"We have helped your family as much as we can!" he said, his voice stern but tinged with sadness. "My brother knows, since your father's death twelve years ago, your family has been under a lot of pressure, but none of them have broken the rules. If they were punished for no apparent reason, it could trigger another rebellion. Because of that, my brother often invites your family to the castle. He hopes that by showing your closeness to the Heart Family, the other noble families will stop pressuring you."
Ivetta's eyes narrowed, her expression turning cold. "Do you think I don't know the purpose of your invitation?" Ivetta screamed hysterically, her voice echoing through the room. "But try to think about it again, my father defended you until he lost his life, but that's all you can do to pay him?! Is it worth it?!"
Rose sighed deeply, her eyes filled with sadness. "Ivetta... You know we always try to do the best for this kingdom."
But Ivetta wasn't listening. Her eyes were filled with a wild fury, and she was shaking with anger. "Shut up, Rose!" she snapped. "You are just a spoiled princess who is always dependent on others! You always get the attention and affection of everyone since childhood! You'll never understand the feelings of people who have to fight for everything like me!"
Rose felt a pang of guilt at Ivetta's words. She knew that her life had been far more privileged than Ivetta's, that she had always been protected and taken care of. But she had never taken that for granted. She had always worked hard, determined to prove that she was more than just a princess.
"I know that my life is far more fortunate than yours," she said softly. "I know that I have always been protected by everyone. That is why since my father's death, I have improved myself... I don't want to hide behind other people anymore."

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

7