Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 214. Trap I
166 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 214. Trap I
"Besides that," he began, his voice carrying the weight of authority, "prepare our elite troops to accompany me to Asteria. We leave in just two days, and I will not tolerate any delays. After all, I cannot afford to be late for Prince Ilex's extravagant birthday celebration," Angel declared, his voice a blend of determination and anticipation.
Frost bowed respectfully, his gaze fixed upon the King. "Yes, Your Majesty," he responded, his voice laced with unwavering loyalty and unquestioning obedience. Frost understood the importance of the upcoming event. The wheels of destiny were turning, and Angel intended to seize the opportunity.
Rose couldn't help but display a mischievous smirk on her lips. Her eyes sparkled with amusement as if she had caught a glimpse of Angel’s true motives.
"You're truly going all out, aren't you?" Rose teased, her voice laced with playful skepticism. "Bringing your elite troops along? It seems you're hell-bent on convincing Prince Ilex that you've suffered a grave injury."
Angel's smile widened, revealing a glimpse of his darker side. "Oh, indeed," he replied. "This time," Angel continued, his voice dropping to a low, conspiratorial whisper, "I must ensure that he takes the bait. I want him to strip away his facade, revealing the true nature that lies beneath, right in front of everyone."

-----

The highly anticipated day had finally dawned—the day of Prince Ilex's extravagant birthday celebration. As the sun cast its golden rays upon the Golden Light Castle, an air of excitement and anticipation enveloped the castle courtyard. The towering walls reverberated with the clip-clop of hooves, heralding the arrival of a golden black carriage adorned with the regal symbol of the king's crown.
With a grace befitting his station, General Frost dismounted his steed and took his position by the carriage door. His eyes, filled with unwavering loyalty, scanned the surroundings, ensuring the safety of his king. The carriage door swung open, revealing the figure of King Angel himself, clad in resplendent attire that befit his status as a ruler. With a steady hand extended towards him, General Frost assisted his king in alighting from the carriage, followed closely by Rose.
At the entrance of the castle, Prince Ilex and Ophelia, eagerly awaited their esteemed guests. With a flourish of movement, Ilex bowed deeply, his eyes filled with genuine respect and admiration for his royal visitor.
"Your Majesty, welcome to Asteria," he greeted, his voice tinged with a mixture of deference and curiosity.
Rather than Angel, Rose approached the prince with an air of indifference. Her voice carried a biting chill as she addressed Ilex, her gaze locked with his. "Happy birthday, Prince Ilex. We appreciate the invitation," she uttered, her words laced with a hint of underlying skepticism.
As the formalities ensued, Ophelia, who caught between loyalty and conflicting emotions, approached Angel with a bow. Her voice trembled slightly, betraying the inner turmoil that plagued her. "Ange—... I mean, Your Majesty," she stammered, caught off guard by the presence of her beloved king and cousin. "I will gladly escort you inside the castle."
Ophelia extended her arm to accompany Angel, but Prince Ilex gently held her back, his touch firm yet gentle. His eyes met hers, a silent understanding passing between them.
"There's no need, Ophelia. Allow me to take charge of our esteemed guests. Prince Artheur of Draconis will be arriving shortly, and I require your assistance in welcoming him," Ilex stated, his voice laced with a mixture of authority and warmth. He still didn’t give up to make Ophelia fall for Artheur.
Ophelia's gaze flickered briefly between Angel and Ilex, uncertainty clouding her features. She hesitated, torn between her desire to escort Angel and obeyed her brother’s request.
"But I..." she began, her voice faltering as she searched for the right words.
Prince Ilex interrupted, his tone decisive yet compassionate. "There is no 'but’. Our guests are of utmost importance, and it is my duty as the host to personally attend to them," he stated, his gaze shifting from Ophelia to the figures of Angel and Rose standing nearby.
Ophelia, her expression crestfallen, lowered her head in deference. "I understand, brother," she murmured softly, her words tinged with a hint of disappointment and resignation.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

7