Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 215. Trap II
113 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 215. Trap II
“Please.” With a polite gesture, Ilex motioned for Angel and Rose to enter the castle, the grand doors swinging open to reveal the opulence within.
As they crossed the threshold, Ilex's eyes lingered on his guests, a mix of curiosity and concern swirling in their depths.
"Your Majesty," Ilex began, his voice warm and inviting, "how was your journey? I hope it was pleasant and devoid of any hardships."
"Our trip was good and smooth," Rose answered as she continued walking.
But Angel's silence spoke volumes, his normally vibrant countenance marred by an unusual pallor. He walked alongside Ilex, his steps measured yet burdened, a heavyweight seemingly pressing upon his shoulders. Ilex's gaze flickered towards Angel, noticing the absence of the familiar black sword that usually hung at his side. In its place, a white sword with a hilt adorned in cloth caught Ilex's attention, its presence an enigmatic twist in the narrative.
Concern etched across Ilex's face, his voice laced with genuine worry as he addressed Angel, "Your Majesty, forgive my boldness, but you seem somewhat unwell. Is everything all right?"
However, before Angel could respond, Rose interjected with an air of authority, her voice sharp and dismissive. "Prince Ilex, please refrain from prying into matters that do not concern you. King Angelus is perfectly fine, simply in a foul mood. It would be best to avoid unnecessary questions."
"In that case, I offer my sincere apologies for any impudence on my part," Ilex responded, his voice laced with a blend of humility and respect. Though taken aback by Rose's sharp rebuke, Ilex understood the importance of respecting the boundaries set by his guests, particularly when their true intentions remained shrouded in mystery.
The group continued their journey through the castle's winding corridors, eventually arriving in front of the grand dining room. The aroma of delectable delicacies wafted through the air, tempting their senses and signaling the feast that awaited within.
"Your Majesty," Ilex began, his voice filled with a genuine sense of hospitality, "after your long and arduous journey, my father, King Gervis, would be honored to share a meal with you. I kindly invite you to join us for lunch."
Rose's gaze flickered towards Angel, silently seeking his approval. Angel, however, shook his head slowly, a subtle yet decisive gesture indicating their decline. Rose redirected her attention to Ilex, her voice composed and polite.
"Thank you for your gracious invitation, Prince Ilex. However, circumstances prevent us from accepting. Please convey our sincere apologies to King Gervis for our absence," Rose conveyed, her words tinged with regret.
Understanding the guests' wishes, Ilex nodded graciously, his demeanor a mix of disappointment and understanding. "Very well," he responded, his voice tinged with a touch of regret. "If that is the case, allow me to escort you to your chambers."
Ilex led the way, his footsteps echoing against the grand stone floors as they retraced their path through the castle's labyrinthine corridors. The walls, adorned with exquisite tapestries depicting tales of valor and adventure, whispered secrets of bygone eras. With each step, the air grew heavier, and a sense of anticipation filled the atmosphere.
As they reached the designated chambers, Ilex paused and turned to face his guests, a warmth in his eyes. "Here are the quarters prepared for your stay. I hope they meet your satisfaction. If there is anything you require, please do not hesitate to inform the servant,” Ilex offered with a gracious smile.
"I will personally ensure that some of our most trusted servants attend to your needs and deliver a delectable lunch directly to your chambers," Ilex offered graciously.
Rose added her own words of gratitude. " Thank you for escorting us, Prince Ilex. Your generosity and thoughtfulness are greatly appreciated. In return, we shall instruct General Frost to personally deliver a special birthday present to your chambers," she conveyed, a glimmer of intrigue dancing in her eyes.
"Thank you, Your Majesty, for your gracious acceptance. Your presence at the celebration is an honor to us," Prince Ilex responded, bowing respectfully as a sign of his appreciation. With a polite gesture, he took his leave, his steps carrying him a few paces away from the door to Angel and Rose's chambers.
However, a sudden surge of curiosity compelled Ilex to pause in his tracks. A mischievous glint danced in his eyes as he entertained the idea of eavesdropping on the private conversation transpiring within the room. A fleeting moment of temptation led him back to the entrance, where he pressed his ear against the door, hoping to catch a snippet of the conversation unfolding on the other side.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

7