Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 216. Trap III
146 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 216. Trap III
The hushed whispers from within the chamber reached Ilex's ears, amplifying his intrigue. Rose's voice, tinged with concern and worry, rose above the rest, caressing the air with its softness.
"Angel, you shouldn't force yourself," she urged gently, her voice laden with genuine care. Her worry seeped through every word, her unwavering devotion evident in the tenderness of her tone.
A tremor of weakness crept into Angel's voice, his words punctuated by labored breaths. "I can't... the news of my grave injury has spread far and wide. If I continue to isolate myself within the castle... suspicions will arise, and the truth shall be revealed," he confessed, his voice betraying his weakened state. Occasional coughs punctuated his sentences, further emphasizing his fragility.
Rose's voice trembled with a mixture of concern and caution. "But it is undeniably perilous here, Angel. If someone were to uncover your true condition, they would seize this opportunity to strike at you," she warned, her words laced with a sense of urgency.
"I have made the necessary arrangements with Frost," Angel assured, his voice strained and breathless. "They will serve as our protectors. Please, Rose, try not to worry too much."
Rose's voice filled with a tinge of relief. "But still, I cannot help but fret over the dangers that lie in wait," she confessed, her worry etched across her features.
As Ilex, his ear pressed against the door, absorbed their conversation, a sinister smirk crept upon his lips, reflecting the malevolence that simmered within him. With a deliberate turn, he walked away from the chamber, his thoughts consumed by a dark, vengeful determination.
"It seems the rumors are indeed true," Ilex whispered to himself, his voice laced with malice. "Angel, tonight will mark the end of your wretched existence. I shall ensure that you pay for every insult and humiliation you have inflicted upon me," he vowed silently, his mind plotting a web of treachery.
Ilex's footsteps echoed through the corridor as he retreated into the shadows of the castle, his twisted ambitions and festering resentment fueling his every step.

-----

The night sky stretched above Golden Light Castle, its expanse dotted with a myriad of twinkling stars. The full moon, resplendent in its celestial glory, cast an ethereal glow upon the ancient stone walls. As the moonlight spilled through the castle's arched windows, illuminating the main hall, anticipation hung in the air.
Angel and Rose, their attire meticulously chosen for the occasion, stepped into the grand hall. The gazes of all those present instantly gravitated toward the regal couple, captivated by their presence. Rose, clad in a striking black off-shoulder gown, exuded an aura of elegance and mystery. The bodice of her dress shimmered with intricate gold ornaments, drawing attention to her décolletage. The gown's flowing chiffon skirt, billowing softly with each step, cascaded around her in a delicate dance. Accentuating her ensemble, she donned black heels adorned with gold accents, while an elegant black diamond necklace graced her neck, catching the ambient light and sparkling with undeniable allure.
Beside her, Angel cut a dashing figure in his tailored attire. A black shirt, adorned with subtle gold embellishments, served as the foundation for his ensemble. A sleek black vest added an air of sophistication, perfectly complementing his suit, which shared the same elegant gold accents. Pinned to his collar was his badge, a symbol of his authority and rank. His black trousers and gloves, meticulously chosen to match his suit, exuded an air of power and command.
The lively hall buzzed with an air of anticipation and excitement as it played host to an illustrious gathering of nobles hailing from Asteria and beyond. Distinguished guests adorned in resplendent attire mingled and engaged in animated conversations, their voices intermingling with laughter and the occasional clinking of glasses. The ambiance was electric, charged with the mingling energies of power, intrigue, and revelry.
The long banquet tables, adorned with opulent arrangements of flowers and flickering candles, groaned under the weight of an extravagant feast. Platters of succulent roasted meats, their tantalizing aromas filling the hall, enticed the senses.
A cornucopia of vibrant fruits and vegetables adorned the tables, a testament to the bountiful harvest of the kingdom. Luscious grapes, plump and bursting with sweetness, nestled alongside glistening bowls of ruby-red cherries and succulent slices of ripe melons. Towering pyramids of apples, their skin gleaming with a radiant sheen, tempted even the most disciplined of palates.
The clinking of glasses reverberated through the hall as guests raised crystal goblets filled with a myriad of libations. The rich, velvety notes of fine wines, aged to perfection, danced upon the tongues of the discerning connoisseurs. Golden-hued mead, sweet and intoxicating, flowed freely.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

8