Vol 7 – Chapter 23 – A Night No One Knows (Part 5)
990 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tek here, since the inception of Fantasy games, there has been a variation of a resurrection spell to be found somewhere. It seems that this spell exists in a fantasy world as well.

 

Damn, that was tiring.

 

Both of my masks have been broken, so I put on a white mask that Arisa had made based off one of the popular characters in her world, her favourite to cosplay--she wanted to dress me up, and almost all the others helped her, and looked like they were having fun.

 

Putting on normal black clothing and a cloak, I walk towards the hall’s exit--the place looks disastrous, I actually feel admiration for it, for not collapsing.

 

Most of the floors have been dug up, a lot of the pillars are destroyed, and many places have craters a meter or more in depth. Some of the craters have shattered glass in them because of the heat of Forge--there isn’t any trace of the altar remaining.

 

I should say, as expected of a Demon Lord--half my level, but forced me to use quite a bit of my power, and caused me pain. Not really any damage, but pain.

 

Fortunately, the opponent was weak to Magic--those multiple tiny shields were incredibly annoying.

 

I think I’ll go to the tournament at the Capital and observe the sword techniques and battle forms. If the opponent was a Demon Lord of a similar level with Space Magic, I don’t think I could have killed it--it wouldn’t really be a threat, but it could escape if it got close to death, and would come back stronger.

 

Now among the scrolls I am going to look for or ask Viscount Shimen to make will be Destroy Magic, Cancel Magic, or Anti-Magic if they exist. Also, Intermediate-Grade or higher attack Magic. I might have struggled more if I didn’t have Forge.

 

While thinking, I open the heavy door and go back out into the hall. I had a thought of curiousity pass through my mind when I saw that the door was open, and when I left the room, I immediately understand why.

 

There should have been a member standing guard here, and scattered on the ground are shards of what looks like a stone statue--the Demon Lord was using petrification Magic sometimes, right? So, he saw that, huh. Speak about curiousity killing the cat.

 

I quickly take two long robes from storage and put them onto the two naked sacrificial girls. Like the girl who was possessed by the Demon Lord, they have proportions that are impressive compared to girls their age on Earth--they are 14, and adults. It seems that even Humans mature early as well, since they have the shape of girls that are at the end of their puberty--I’m pretty sure they could easily be able to have children, and look like girls from Earth who are between 17 - 18.

 

These girls are Priestesses from the Garleon and Parion Temples--they’re both level 30, which is good for their ages. I carry both of them over my shoulders to the teleportation room--but, I don’t know how to operate it.

 

I dig into the ceiling enough to expose the soil, then using Mud Wall, I create a rather narrow passage--Magic really is convenient. Feeling exhausted, I run up the hole using Sky Drive.

 

Since the road that I had used to get here leads to the Duke’s third son’s room, I use the map to pick a course that goes to the nearest temple. Along the way, I see a white crocodile, and a mysterious creature-like person wearing a rag, along the way. But I’m too tired, and busy, so I ignore them.

 

I’m going to the Tenion Temple, the place from where the dead girl comes. The reason I chose the temple isn’t because of the girl, but because only the Tenion temple has a Head Priestess with a level higher than 50--moreover, she has the ‘Saintess’ title.

 

While continuing to run along the course I picked earlier, moving on autopilot, I operate on the girl’s corpse in the storage. I try to drag and drop the blood that I collected onto the space that has the corpse in it. Rather than stacking, the blood seems to be absorbed by, or combined with, the corpse.

 

With an idea in mind, I drag a potion over the space, but nothing happens.

 

The title ‘Saintess’ that the Head Priestess of the Tenion temple comes to mind. Maybe it also has some kind of special effect, like the hero title.

 

Well, I have nothing to lose, so I equip my ‘Saint’ title, and drag a potion again--this time, it works.

 

Although it’s not like she’s revived. The ‘Item’s’ name has changed from ‘Sera’s Corpse: Degree of Damage -- Maximum’ to ‘Sera’s Corpse: Degree of Damage -- Great’. Feeling myself smiling, I keep dragging potions over the space until the ‘item’s’ name changes into ‘Sera’s Corpse’.

 

After this, well, it all depends on whether or not there’s Resurrection Magic.

 

***

“Oh my, the assassin tonight is surprisingly good. This is the first time I don’t notice one until he’s this close.”

 

I’ve snuck into the Tenion Head Priestess’s room, but she immediately mistakes me for an Assassin--which is understandable, especially because I’m wearing a mask and robe.

 

“Oh my, you’re an assassin and also a kidnapper?” The Head Priestess, who has noticed the girls slung over my shoulders, asks--sounding baffled.

 

Beside Holy Magic, this old woman also has the Appraisal and Danger Sense Skills. Which is why I set my level to 70, like the Saga Hero, to make it more likely she will believe my story--though I will lower the level of the Demon Lord when I recount a modified version of the events tonight.

 

Most of my displayed Skills are recover-related ones, but I leave combat related skills and the ‘Hero’ title.

 

Anyway, let’s correct her misunderstanding.

 

“Nice to meet you, Yu, Head Priestess of Tenion’s temple. You can call me Sine Nomine--I have no intention of harming you. These two girls are Parion and Garleon Priestesses that I rescued from a cult called the Wings of Liberty.”

 

“I certainly remember them. Hey, Sine Nomine--won’t you show me your face, it’s hard to talk to you with that mask on.”

 

“I’m very sorry, Head Priestess--but, I don’t know you, and I don’t want people to be able to identify, then bother with inane requests, me.”

 

“Is that so? Such a pragmatic Hero.” Her voice is young and her moonlit face looks like she is only 17, though she is actually 80, “Hey, Sine Nomine--do you know the whereabouts of our kidnapped Priestess, Sera?”

 

“I knew.”

 

Her tone becomes sad, and her face stiffens, “So, that child died, huh?”

 

I nod to her words.

 

“Sine Nomine, could you honestly tell me one thing?” She asks in a trembling voice.

 

“If I can answer it.”

 

“Was the one who killed Sera the humans of Wings of Liberty? Or--” She hesitates for a bit, before continuing her words, “The Demon Lord? That’s right isn’t it, Sera has been sacrificed for the Demon Lord?”

 

“That’s right.”

 

A trickle of tears stream down her pale cheek, “Is that so? That child was unable to go against her fate.” A sob interrupts her words.

 

Still crying, the Head Priestess explains that there’s an oracle that says that the Demon Lord will soon appear. However, each of the seven Priestesses who received the Oracles, were told a different place--therefore, everyone believes that their own Gods each gave a different Oracle.

 

According the to Head Priestess, Sera’s fate was to become a sacrifice for the resurrection of the Demon Lord in this city--even though Tenion temple had put their utmost effort into protecting her, she suddenly disappeared from her room in the evening.

 

It seems that the Oracle from Tenion said that the Demon Lord would be resurrected here, in Oyugock City.

 

When I ask in detail about the other locations, they are: Labyrinth City, and the Kingdom that occupied Arisa’s kingdom, Yowok Kingdom, have also appeared. The remaining four are in the lands of Parion, the principalities of the Ratkin and Weaselkin, and the last is a country on another continent.

 

To get a hit with the probability of 1/7, both the city--and I, were unlucky.

 

***

Let’s get back to the main topic.

 

“Yu, are you able to use Resurrection Magic?”

 

“Yes, I’m able to.”

 

Oh, so it does exist--good.

 

As if pouring cold water on my excitement, the Head Priestess continues with a gloomy voice, “However, there are several conditions. First, the subject has to have been baptized by the Tenion Temple. Second, it must be within 30 minutes after death. Third, this Resurrection Artifact has to have enough stored Magic Power. Since it has been used to resurrect the legitimate child of the Duke 20 years ago, it cannot be used for several more years.”

 

Stepping forwards, I reach out and pick up the Artifact hanging from a chain around her neck, surprisingly, she didn’t act worried, or even step back. She watched my hand as I grasped the Artifact--and put in Magic Power. I proceed steadily, and it hasn’t even filled up even after putting in 2,000 MP.

 

It can’t be helped, I take Excalibur from my storage, and use it into a Magic Power Source.

 

When she sees the Holy Sword, the Head Priestess’s expression changes to shock.

 

The Artifact is finally filled after I put in 20,000 MP into it--the capacity of the Holy Sword is extraordinary after all. I should have used it as a Magic Power Tank rather than a weapon when I was fighting the Demon Lord.

 

I hear afterwards, but it seems that the only people who could put Magic Power into the Artifact are people with the ‘Saint’ or ‘Saintess’ titles.

 

“I will summon miss Sera’s corpse here. In relative time, it’s only been several seconds after her death--so there should be enough time.”

 

At first the Head Priestess looked confused at my words, before her eyes widened, “That can’t be, Time Magic should have been a form of Magic that only appears in fairy tales, not in reality--”

 

I take Sera’s corpse from storage--since she’s naked, I retrieve a towel and place it over her. The Head Priestess is astonished when I take the corpse out of storage, but I decide not to mind it.

 

With a quick look at my masked face--as though trying to see through me--the Head Priestess begins to chant a long Spell.

 

Apparently, Holy Magic usually has long cast times, but this one is especially long.

 

When the chanting is finally complete, and I see that Sera’s HP has suddenly jumped to 1 before rapidly climbing, I silently leave while the Head Priestess is hugging the revived girl.

 

I suddenly remembered that I forgot to report about the Demon Lord and its death, and I didn’t particularly want to go back just for that--interrupting a touching reunion.

 

So, I’ll leave it for another day.

 

I’m really tired tonight.

 

With a quick glance back, I use Ground Shrink and Sky Drive to go back to the ship.

25