Vol 10 – Chapter 19 – Manager Of The Mansion
749 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tek here, in most Asian countries, they seem to dislike widows. I never understood why, since they are just normal women, who suffered an unimaginable tragedy.

 

“Then, be careful.”

 

I tell the girls as I see them off in front of the west gate, everyone is going to the villa in the labyrinth. I’m staying behind in order to find a manager for the mansion. Moreover, Nana is staying behind, since we can’t leave the badly hurt children without help.

 

I stay in in place until everyone disappears behind the gate, before going towards the Adventurer’s Guild.

 

After dinner last night, the Guildmaster invited me to the guild for a drink. Maybe the Guild is open all night as well, because even late, there were a lot of staff and Adventurers. Somehow, High-Level Adventurers and senior staff seemed to sense the alcohol, and come in. Once they basically knocked the door down, I was forced to share it with everyone and the Dragon Spring Liquor that I brought was soon finished.

 

Maybe due to the party last night, I can only see a few staff members. I’m currently heading to the Real Estate Department, the one which referred the mansion yesterday. However, the young man from yesterday isn’t there, instead, an old man is standing there while looking bored.

 

“Hello.”

“Welcome to the Guild Real Estate Department.”

 

He seems more amiable than he looks.

 

“It’s about the mansion that this department has referred to me yesterday.”

“Are there any problems?”

“No, I’m looking for someone that can house-sit the mansion, and stable hands, can you suggest any departments for me?”

 

This Adventurer’s Guild can find you a guard or someone that will do chores in your mansion, but it’s better for you to look for someone that you can trust to do something like house-sitting.” He paused, “My suggestion would be to ask a noble acquaintance or buy a slave.”

 

Noble acquaintance, the first person who appears in my mind is Viscount Shimen.

 

I don’t know if he’s still in Labyrinth City, so I try searching the wealthy area, since that’s where he should be. Unexpectedly, he’s also in the same Adventurer’s Guild as I am. Come to think of it, he said that he was buying Magic Cores. The East Guild should be the center for trading Magic Cores, but maybe the West Guild is in charge of it.

 

Since his subordinate is waiting outside, I ask him for a meeting with the Viscount.

 

***

“Master, my name is Miteruna. I will do my best to serve you, despite my lack of ability.”

 

The person who politely greeted me is Ms. Miteruna, who Viscount Shimen introduced to me, to become the manager of the mansion.

 

She’s a Human, her age is 21. She isn’t stunningly beautiful, but is definitely cute, with slender proportions. Her height is around 160cm, and has long blue-black hair. She has reddish-brown eyes and thin brows, a thin nose and full lips.

 

Her level is fairly low, at 12, and she has the Etiquette, Service, and Negotiation Skills.

 

Viscount Shimen immediately introduced her to me when I asked him. She’s the eldest daughter of Viscount Shimen’s villa manager’s family in Labyrinth City.

 

She was originally hired by the Baronet, by the Viscount’s referral, but she was fired when she refused the Baronet, who was going to sexually harass her.

 

Hearing this, I quickly searched the city, and the only Baronet is Baronet Dyuker. It’s not absolute proof that he is a sexual harasser, but I will keep the girls away from him…it would probably end up with them trying to kill him.

 

“Rest assured, I won’t do that.” I say to her.

 

“It’s the reason I accepted this, since the Viscount told me you already have 7 girls, including his brother’s daughter.” She smiled at me.

 

The cab we are currently in has returned back to the Adventurer’s Guild. I’ve come here to hire one or two children to become maids, who will help Miteruna with her managerial duties.

 

“Is it really alright for me to choose them?” Miteruna asked.

“Yeah, of course.”

 

Well, she is the one who will work with them, and it will likely only be a temporary employment.

 

She got out of the carriage, coming back with two of the older children, who seemed looked between 13 - 14.

 

“He is Chevalier Felspar, he is your employer.” Miteruna said to the girls.

 

“I’m Roji.”

“I’m Annie!”

 

The one called Annie was one of the children who came to mow the lawn, she seems to have remembered the food that Lulu cooked, she looks hungry. Roji has dark skin, and her limbs are thin like they’re going to break.

 

The carriage can only hold two people, so the two girls are walking to the mansion on foot. They should be alright, since it’s only 30 minutes walk away.

 

I explain the facilities in the mansion to Miteruna. That said, since only just bought it yesterday, it was over after I showed her the kitchen, water well, the food storehouse, the toilet, the shed, and the stable.

 

I’m planning to have the rooms on the second floor of the main building for my party member’s private use. While at it, I also instructed her not to enter the basement, since I’m going to use it for my study and also research room.

 

After Roji and Annie have arrived, Nana and I leave. It’d be troubling if they see me off every time, so I told them not to.

 

We went behind the stable and teleported to the Labyrinth.

 

***

Arisa and the others arrived slightly after Nana and I teleporting into the villa.

 

“Phew, Teleporting this many people is tiring.”

“Arisa great.”

 

Arisa is sitting tiredly on a chair, while Mia pats her on the head with an encouraging expression.

 

They had been hunting in Area 4 when I contacted them, so they had come back later.

 

“Master, how is it with getting a manager?”

“I employed someone that Viscount Shimen referred. She is 21, and seems quite dependable.”

“Is she married?”

 

Lulu had a strange question.

 

“She is a widow, her husband was killed by thieves.”

 

“Oh?! The Widow Manager is here!”

 

I was telling Liza and Lulu about Miteruna--for some reason, Arisa got strangely spirited by the word ‘widow’.

 

***

Nana blocks with her shield.

 

Taking the opportunity--Liza moved quickly, and incredibly accurately, her beautiful face showing determination and concentration. Her slim form seeming to blur as she spun and stabbed rapidly with her spear and penetrated or deflected the corn kernels that were being shot as though out of a machine gun.

 

Using Magic Hand, I caught all of the corn.

 

These corn kernels are shot by a Monster called a Walking Corn. While they have a hard shell, the insides are edible.

 

It looks like Pochi has exterminated the Monster this time, her Heavy Blow Skill has become so much more potent after she learned the Flickering Movement Skill--if her physique grows as she ages, since she’s only 14 now, she may be able to match Liza.

 

“Smells nice?”

“Are you making something, Lulu?”

 

I smiled the the curious Beastkin, then gestured to Lulu, “I showed her the recipe for something called Pancakes.”

 

“Jeez, please stop making dishes behind people who are fighting. Our stomachs would ring.” Arisa sighed, half-heartedly at her sister, who was busy cooking. Lulu looked up with a grin and waved a wooden spatula at her.

 

“Nn, it rang.” Mia nods enthusiastically.

 

Lulu hands me a plate with a bunch of pancakes on it, and I cut some into slices. After putting a faux-maple-syrup on them, I split them with everyone.

 

“Delish!”

“My mouth is melting.”

“Give me more maple.”

“Nn.”

 

Arisa and Mia ask Lulu for more faux-maple-syrup, which she hands over to them.

 

“Master, was this made from the yellow beads from the Monster just now?” Nana asks, not looking up from her pancake, which I have added the pattern of a chick to.

 

I modified the spatula with a special Magic Circuit, so when Lulu put in some Magic Power and pushed onto the pancake, it would sear the pattern onto the pancakes. There are a few different patterns, Nana seems to like chicks the most.

 

“Master, this branding is peerless and wonderful. I recommend protecting it.” Nana’s eyes meet mine as she stares imploringly at me.

 

I squat down next to her, stroking her hair, I grabbed a chunk of the pancake. “Open your mouth.”

 

She smiles a little, before opening her mouth, “Aahn”.

 

Ruffling her hair, I poked the pancake into her mouth. She happily ate it, and then encompassed my fingers, pulling them into her mouth, sucking them--running her small, warm tongue around them.

 

The other girls looked over, Arisa grinned, and I had the feeling that they would all want this. The reason that we could have a relaxed lunch like this was because I was keeping my eye on my map.

 

Well, I should spoil all my girls.

 

Lunch was quite a fun event.

19