Chapter 8: A Normal Date?
215 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So far things had been interesting for Kouji. Though now he was heading towards a date that admittedly the boy had some concern over. That would be the one he was going to share with Waa. Not that he disliked her in any manner, seeing as he did accept her feelings for him. It was just more that knowing this girl, the date might not be something he would enjoy.

Still, Kouji was going to walk into this with an open mind he got himself ready for another date. This was going to be the halfway mark and so far he hadn’t gotten tired of doing it yet. That was something he had some concern with for Yuma and Anastasia, since they were going to be on the tail end of this sequence. It would be unfair for them if he wasn’t putting out effort by having fun with them as he did so far with Himawari and Teru.

“So, you ready for a good date for once?” Waa greeted him after he answered her door knocking. Despite agreeing to this harem business, it still baffled him a bit to see how competitive they were about this. Was there a fear that perhaps he might want to finally make up his mind, or maybe it was because these girls were very proud people. Supposedly winning this dating game would give them bragging rights over everyone else.

“About as ready as I’l ever be.” He responded cautiously. “What exactly do you have planned for me this time?”

“Sheesh, you don’t sound very excited to go out with me.” He replied, irritated with his tone. “Don’t worry about it too much, we’re just going to the movie theater.”

“A movie?” That sounded rather… Normal. In fact, it was such a plain idea that it was actually a surprise coming from her. “Just that? You don’t want to go to some weird cosplay cafe or the arcade?”

“Well, we’ve already gone to an arcade together once.” It would be weird to repeat something like that again. Even if when they did it the first time, the two of them weren’t alone. “Plus, I bet boring ol’ Himawari’s already taken you out on a fine dining experience. Even if a cosplay cafe is totally better.” She murmured out the last sentence. “What’s wrong with you? You really think I’m just all otaku?”

“You’re right, I’m being a bit rude.” He sighed, realizing that perhaps he was overthinking her motivations. “Sorry, I guess I shouldn’t be making assumptions about all of you.”

“Great, then how about we get going before we miss out on our time.” According to her, she already got a great deal on the tickets. So all they had to do was arrive, grab their seats, and enjoy the movie.

The theater wasn’t a long walk for them. So they set out and enjoyed the sun shining atop them during this beautiful spring day. A rarity coming out of Waa, seeing as she would usually spend her time cooped up in her room regardless of the weather.

Still, with her wearing her shorts and plain tee, Kouji did find it difficult to imagine the two of them on a date rather than just a simple outing between friends.

“Hey.” She said, grabbing both his attention and hand. “How come only Anastasia gets to lead you by the hand?”

“Well…” There wasn’t a good explanation for why he allowed it. Even before she confessed her feelings, Kouji practically let her do it as she seemed to be quite forceful about it. “I guess because she doesn’t seem like she’ll take no for an answer.”

“Oh really?” She responded. “Then how about you let me look cute for once?”

“Cute?” That wasn’t a term he expected her to say to him.

“Uh, yeah? And I’m not taking no for an answer.” She tugged onto his arm to try and direct him to move along faster. Of course, this succeeded in her appearing to be leading him somewhere like when a cute young girl tries to get someone she likes to do something with her. “Now, let’s get some more pep in your step.”

“Whoa.” He was caught off guard by her sudden movement. Normally, her lack of strength due to never exercising meant he was able to resist her pulls. Though this time he allowed her just because they were on a date. “What’s the big deal about this anyway? We’re only holding hands.”

“That’s only just about the lewdest thing a couple can do.” She responded, which only added more onto his confusion.

“I know I’ve never really dated any other girls before, but I don’t think that’s the naughtiest thing couples do.” There were about a good dozen things he could come up with that sounded a lot more lewder than that.

“It is when you’re someone who pretty much never gets any intimate contact.” It might've sounded like she was describing herself, but Waa was only referencing a joke from anime fans that had grown more in popularity thanks to the internet. Though at the end of the day, she was also describing herself as well.

“Finally, we’re here.” He said as they entered the building. Kouji also released her grip from his hand, much to her displeasure. Though that was partially the girl’s own fault for describing what they did in public as more than an innocent act. “I forgot to ask when we left, but what exactly did you get us tickets for?”

“Why, I only got us tickets to one of the most anticipated films of the decade.” She hyped it up as she produced the tickets from her pockets. “It’s the movie, ‘New Beginnings Church: 3.0 + 1.0’. I’ve been waiting ages for this thing to come out.”

“That’s got to be the weirdest title I’ve ever heard for just about anything.” He replied, bewildered as to why someone like her would be hyped for something that sounded so dumb. “Wait a second, ‘New Beginnings Church’… Isn’t it that anime that was popular like a long time ago?”

“That’s the one.” She answered positively. “And this is the latest movie that’s going to be showing a completely new ending. It’s the forth one on their reboot series.”

“Oh…” Now he understood that this date wasn’t going to be that normal.”

12