Ch. 16 – Exploring with Alice (part 3)
1.8k 7 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            “Pardon the intrusion, Miss Oriel. I am Rylee, and I work as the instructor for the Fiddlere family.”

            She gives me a deep bow and smiles at me. Apparently, my mom’s family name is Fiddlere.

            “Nice to me~t you”

            “So young and already has better manners than mister Theodore”

            She lets out a cute laugh.

            “It will be a pleasure teaching such a cute girl, I must take my leave now, hope to see you again”

            After our little interaction she leaves the room with a composed expression.

            She looks like a strict teacher… I hope she doesn’t go too hard on me…

            As I am daydreaming the food arrives and Alice has to feed me in place of mom who is occupied with big bro.

            She looked pissed when he said he didn't need to learn anything. Maybe she puts a lot of value on education.

            After I finish my meal, I continue my tour with Alice. It is mostly boring rooms that have nothing special to them. There are plenty of bedrooms and living rooms throughout the house. It was probably made for a bigger family.

            We walk along the plentiful corridors until we reach a room at the end of a corridor. Alice, who was holding my hand suddenly stops and asks.

            “That is the study room mister Theodore is using right now. Do you wish to pay him a visit?”

            “ye~”

            Big bro has been in a lot of trouble lately. Giving him a visit might make him feel a little bit better. I definitely don’t want to go there to see Rylee. We approach the door, and I can already hear an exasperated Rylee screaming at big bro.

            “I already told you that what you are doing is wrong…”

            We interrupt her mid-sentence as I pull Alice towards the door. The room is very similar to the library, but much smaller and there is a blackboard on one of the walls. The table in the middle of the room is full of books and papers. Big bro is looking shocked at my presence, but then shows the biggest smile I have ever seen on his face.

 

Rylee is standing with a piece of chalk on her hand. She looks at me with a big smile. Looking intently at the chalk I can see something that makes me remember the alphabet.

Does big bro not know how to read?

“It looks like miss Oriel is more interested in my teachings than you”

She says looking frustrated with my brother. He must be a handful.

“Big b~o listen to Ryle~e”

Everybody looks at me with surprise, while I am making an angry pose.

“Cute”

They all say in unison. Alice and Rylee have a smile on their face, but big bro looks at the ground dejected. Without waiting a second I pulled Alice out of the room.

“Miss Oriel really is smart…”

I listen to Rylee’s comment as we are leaving the room. Alice gave me a tour of the rest of the rooms, but the only one that caught my attention was the huge bath that there was in the house. It has a huge tub that could fit about 6 persons.

I can’t wait to try it someday…

            All the walking led us towards the office, the place where dad usually is, but mom is using his place for now. We enter it and we are greeted by a tired woman that has been working all day. Time to give her a reward. I walk up to her and extend my hands towards her so that she picks me up. I give her a kiss on the cheek and hug her.

            As we comfortably stay like that for a second, I feel all the tiredness from all the walking getting to me. I slowly fall into the realm of dreams. Plenty of hours later I wake up, my room is shrouded in darkness. I feel something wrong with my body. I have a headache and I feel a lot of cold.

            Maybe I have a fever?

            Anyway, what matters now is the fact that I am sick. I let out a small cry that alerts Alice. She comes up to me.

            “Do you need something Miss Oriel?”

            I start involuntarily crying, Alice puts her hand on my forehead, and I can see the anxiety settle in on her face.

            “Alice is going to call the doctor and she will be right back”

            She then storms out of the room, running as fast as she can.

92