Chapter 39 – Return to his Past Life
652 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Uuuuh" he moaned as he opened his right eye. 

He looked around and found himself in an unfamiliar place. 

His whole body was in a body cast and he could hear beeping noises next to his bed, but he couldn't turn his head to look.

A nurse walked in to take his readings when he tried to say something

"Uuuuuuh" he said, but his mouth was muffled by his cast too, which only left holes for his eyes. 

He was literally wrapped up like a mummy in a plaster of paris cast. 

She looked at him with surprise

"Oh! You're conscious! Let me get the doctor!" she said as she rushed out of the room. 

Nor long later, a doctor walked in, carrying his diagnosis chart 

"Captain Marshall! Welcome back to the land of the living! You are in the George W Bush Memorial Hospital in California! My name is Doctor Greg Allan" the doctor introduced himself. 

"I'm Alex Marshall again" Lex thought to himself as he slightly nodded his head in the cast

"You've been brought back after being honorably discharged. You were initially brought back to the military hospital, but your girlfriend transferred you to this hospital as she wanted the best treatment for you. 

I didn't know Jasmine Lockhart had a boyfriend. Oh boy! I'm such a big fan" the doctor smiled.

Lex noticed that when the doctor said that, his pants started bulging. 

"Ahem.. anyway. I don't know what happened overseas as it was confidential, I only know that they thought you were dead. But then they found your body and practically every bone in your body was broken. It will take years of surgery and physical therapy to get back to a semblance of normalcy from your injuries. 

Fortunately, you have a rich and famous girlfriend that will be able to afford you the best treatment available.

Anyway, our staff of doctors and nurses will do their very best to help you on your way to recovery..

And... uh... say a good word for me to your girlfriend when she visits later... ok?" the doctor said and smiled as he left the room. 

The diagnosis chart barely hid his bulging erection as he rushed to the toilet to relieve himself. 

--

Within half an hour, the door was opened and Jasmine rushed into the room. 

She wanted to jump on him and hug him, but restrained herself in fear of hurting him further

"Oh Lex! You're awake" she smiled with tears in her eyes. 

Lex looked at her, unsure how to respond as he could not talk. 

He wanted to ask her what was going on. Why is she still caring about him? Why she did that movie. But he could not talk, and instead had to listen without replying. 

"Oh Lex.....I thought you were dead...." she started crying as she talked

"... when your grandfather passed away, you had no next of kin. It took me 6 months and Hollywood's best lawyers to put you in my custody..." she continued

Lex wondered how long was he out for? What had been happening?

"...I'm so glad you are conscious now... it's been so long... I've missed you so...." she cried

Lex watched her, not knowing what to do. Even after watching the movie with her in it, he thought he was through with her. But watching her now, he could not feel anything but love and longed to hug her. 

"...your.... your friend... Donny.... he said you watched my first movie.....don't hate me ok? It's just a job. I've always loved only you" she said

Her first movie? Did she do more movies like the first one? How many of these movies did she do?

But she didn't answer his thoughts and kept talking about other things while crying. 

And Lex helplessly listened as she started telling him about her life now, although not talking about her actual movies. 

She was now the hottest actress in Hollywood, and has starred in 7 movies, many of them with the top actors in Hollywood. 

Many of them wanted to date her, but after she heard that Alex was alive, she rejected them all. 

But even though she refused to date any of them, rumors had spread every time she co-starred with a new actor. 

She kept denying it in public, but the public would believe what they wanted to believe, and she told Alex that what she says is the truth and not to believe the rumors. 

She had a large Hollywood mansion now, which she intended for him to move in with her. She did warn him that the public scrutiny will be intense, but she would stick with him, no matter what. 

Lex felt weird. He had thought that they were through when she made the first movie, but now it seems to be implying that she had done it all to have a happy life with him. So no matter what she went through, all the sex for the movies, she had did it for him?

He didn't know what to feel. If it was true, it sort of felt like he owed her. But if she were lying, why would she be paying for all his medical bills, take him to her home and still act this way?

--

The doctor removed his body cast, and he looked at himself in the mirror placed over his bed. 

His face was still the same, albeit a bit pale for being in a cast for 12 weeks. 

Apparently, he had been missing for half a year when the special forces found his torn and broken body when they raided a village and found his body. 

The villages had taken care of him and tried to heal him, but all his bones were badly broken. 

When they brought him back, the military had paid for his rehabilitation and he had undergone multiple surgeries for over a year. But his body was too badly damaged and there was only a certain extent the military would pay for. 

Jasmine found out about his survival and paid for the rest, paying the best private doctors to get him back as much as possible to normal. This took another year of surgery. 

All in all, he had been unconscious for over 2 1/2 years, where he was unconscious. This corresponded to his time living as Quan Yu in the other world, first as a eunuch, then as arguably the top Xiantian in the land. 

He had stiches all over his body, and scars all over his body, even a scar over his blinded left eye. 

He was missing his left arm from the shoulder, and his right leg from below his knee. His left ear was deaf that came from the same injury as his left eye. 

"Oh Lex" Jasmine said, as she placed a nice looking eyepatch on his head, blocking his left eye, and then kissed him happily. 

This would be the start of his rehabilitation to live his life again anew.

Jasmine came nearly every day to encourage him during his physiotherapy, but she disappeared for weeks at a time because she was shooting another movie.

But she came by as often as she could between shoots, and like that, the weeks passed by. 

13