Chapter 71 – Unexpected Turn Of Events
387 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amazon an Valkyrie were among the Harlots and Wolfpack, fighting and killing the giant spiders. 

Other giant insects joined in as giant millipedes, giant spiders and giant wasps joined in the battle.

On top of the canyon, Ahmanet and Morrigan appeared out of the cyclopes' own shadow on one side, while Kali and Phoenix appeared out of the cyclopes shadows on the other side and mounted a surprise attack.

Ahmanet plunged her hand into a Cyclops's chest from the back, ripping it's heart out while Morrigan grabbed under a Cyclops's loincloth and ripped off its balls before clawing it's insides out from between it's legs.

As they also appeared from the Cyclops's shadow below, Kali also shredded her Cyclop's genitals from below it lioncloth while Phoenix roasted her Cyclops from between it's legs.

A separate battle started on both tops of the canyon, as the higher leveled shadow clones engaged with the other cyclopes 

Suddenly, screams came from within the canyon. A huge group of 100 banshees flew through the narrow canyon, filling the canyon with their screams. The Banshee in the lead, was recognized by Lex as the one who killed Lucius!

However, something neither side expected! The screams did not stun or frighten the shadow clones in the canyon that were fighting the giant insects, instead making their forms waver and turn intangible! 

The Harlots and Wolfpack continued fighting the insects, but their blows were insubstantial and did nothing against the giant insects, nor did the insect's attacks hit them. 

When the banshees flew at them, they passed through the shadow clones, as both of forces seemed to pass each other without doing anything!

Lex cursed angrily as he extended his hand, directly at the leader of the banshees together with her banshees flying behind her. 

He wanted to use the banshee's shadows to attack their real bodies, and personally cut off their heads. 

However, as he activated his shadow power, he discovered that he could not control any shadows of the banshees. 

Instead, they stopped flying and as if they were shedding their skins, they ripped off their white translucent skins and revealed their shadow forms from within. 

Rather than their ghoulish visages, they now looked at peace with beautiful faces from their original appearances. Besides the leader who was incredibly beautiful, the rest were attractive in their own way, though not the same type of beauty as the succubi. But they had some ethereal beauty about them, as if they did not belong to this world.

"Master... please give me a name" they suddenly said in unison obediently. 

Lex was stunned, looking at the banshees that were now white, but having a purplish black aura outlining their forms. 

Lex walked up to the leader of the banshees and chopped off her head. Her body disintegrated into shadows.

But he frowned, realizing something. He gestured and the banshee leader appeared again

"Damn. How did this happen?" he wondered. He had turned the banshees into shadow clones without knowing. Would this work on other ghostly creatures as well? How about other undead?

"Master... please give me a name" they all said in perfect synch again.

"You will all be called the Sheilas..." he said to the group of banshees, before turning to the leader, who he guessed would be a level 6, the way she easily overpowered Lucius.

"... and you...your name is...." he paused for a second, stunned.

"... Madelyn" Lex finally said.

He was angry when he chopped off her head before, but now looking closely at her, her reminded him of a friend both Jasmine and he knew when they were younger. The original Madelyn was killed in a tragic place crash then they were children. But if she had grown up to adulthood, Lex imagined that she would look like this banshee did, only with red hair instead of white.

Lex sighed. Wasn't he angry at her for killing Lucius just moments ago? But when she transformed into his shadow clone, suddenly her face changed to revert to her original looks, rather than her ghostly evil looking visage. 

Perhaps Angelica's holy white power that purified and made up part of his shadow and necromancy powers also purifies his shadow creations to not look evil?

"Madelyn... please bring me Lucius' body" he said

To his surprise, she disappeared into her shadow and reappeared only moments later!

Perhaps as incorporeal beings, the banshees could use the shadow abilities easier? She used the shadow to teleport as if it were her second nature! The others like the Harlots and the Wolfpack definitely could not do that! Neither could Ahmanet, Phoenix, Amazon or Valkyrie!

Madelyn placed Lucius' body on the ground in front of Lex. He hesitantly extended his hand, undecided whether he should bring Lucius back as a shadow clone.

He took a deep breath and decided that he would do so as his Level 5 wind power would prove useful and started activating his creation power.

However, to his surprise, nothing happened! He tried again several times, but his power didn't work on Lucius.

"Why? Nothing is happening" he said in frustration

"He no longer has a soul" Ahmanet suddenly said as she, Morrigan, Kali and Phoenix arrived from finishing off the cyclopes. 

"What do you mean?" Lex looked at her

"These... ghostly screaming beings.. their deadly attacks through touch seem to...  sever the connection between the soul and the physical body" Ahmanet explained, referring to the banshees and their death touch

Lex looked at Madelyn and the banshees accusingly, but they showed no reactions. No wild animal would look guilty for following their instincts and killing their prey.

"Then where did the soul go?" he asked Madelyn

"I... the soul is released into the nether master" she replied the best she could

"What happens to the soul in the nether?" he asked again

"I do not know master. We only release them. They might rejoin the circle of life, they might not. But as we don't devour souls, there is a chance" Madelyn replied

Lex's eyes burned with anger.

Since he could no longer take his anger out on the banshees or Madelyn, as they were his shadown clones, he would take it out on the Demon King

And since the banshees could lead him straight to Zentopia by teleporting through the shadows, he saw no reason not to attack directly, bypassing another 90 or so kilometers in an instant!

He didn't need to keep building up his army along the way as it was not his intention anyway. The banshees were a unexpected bonus. 

But since they were already his shadow clones, he might as well use them too. 

"Prepare for battle. We're going straight to Zentopia!" Lex commanded, and they all instantly disappeared into the shadows

13