Chapter 74 – The Battle in the Capital
378 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lex stepped out of the shadows and looked around. 

"It worked!" he thought to himself, finding himself in a familiar bedroom. 

He teleported blindly to a place he's been before, just from memory. Before, he teleported from the valley to Zentopia because Madelyn could somehow instinctively guide him through the shadows, and the second time he teleported from Zentopia to the campsite because he used his shadow powers there. 

But this time, he attempted to teleport completely blind, without any guide nor place he used his shadow abilities before, totally out of instinct. 

"Angelica?" he called, looking around the bedroom and walking to the bathroom. 

It was empty. She wasn't in the bathroom either. 

*BOOM* the whole palace shook, and dust rained from the ceiling. 

"Shit! That bastard is here already?" Lex wondered as he dove into the shadows again. 

--

Reappearing at the Tower of Air, he knew it had one of the highest viewpoints of the city, after lazing around and telling sex stories from Insatiable to Lucius there

He looked out the window, and he could see a that the city was already breached and several monstrous beings were decimating the city!

There were several large humanoids, one a two headed giant three times larger than the cyclopes they encountered in the canyon was smashing houses with soldiers being slaughtered, another was a humongous rock elemental that looked like a moving hill, and there were 6 balrogs with their flaming swords and whips razing the city. 

There were also 5 dragons, each the size of the bone dragon Lex encountered in the dungeon, of at least 20 meters in length. There were 2 red ones, 2 blue ones and a much larger black one which seemed to be the leader. 

Then there were the innumerable high orcs, hobgoblins and red skinned humanoid demons that looked more numerous than the army Lex marched with, swarming through the large holes in the city walls.   

And lastly, there was the Demon King himself, standing 10 meters high, his skin a mixture of black and crackling red with large wings and horns. 

He was battling an army of aura users, together with the headmaster of the Academy, as well as the magicians and aura user from the academy, and magicians from the various towers, and they were being beaten badly. 

From Lex's viewpoint, the city was on the verge of collapse and he had better act now!

With a mental command, several forces simultaneously appeared out of the many shadows around the battlezones. 

A rumbling sound like rolling thunder that even shook the ground, started getting louder as suddenly the two headed giant was smashed backwards, crashing into a building. 

But before it could try and get up, 30 heavy cavalry shadow knights charged at it, trampling it on the ground into a bloody paste.

At the same time, the dragons in the air were assaulted by piercing screams as one by one 100 banshees flew into and through one of the red dragon's body. 

Although a dragon is arguably one of the most powerful beings alive and was able to survive a banshee's death touch, 100 banshees at once was a number that was unheard off and the red dragon fell to the ground. 

The blue dragon closest to the dead red dragon used it's frost breath on the banshees, but the attack went right through it as it desperately tried to dodge the banshees that were flying towards it in a formation.

Even though it dodged the first few banshees, the others were able to change directions and swarm the dragon, and it was killed nearly as fast as the first one. After killing the second dragon, the banshees split into 3 groups chasing the remaining dragons that were now fleeing. 

On the ground, the 5 balrogs were being attacked by a mixture of clawed succubi, vampires and werewolves who didn't care about being burnt or destroyed by them, and attacked with wild abandon. 

In the meantime, the ground troops consisting of high orcs, hobgoblins and human sized demons found themselves fighting with a mixture of succubi, vampires and werewolves that weren't fighting the balrogs as well as Amazon, Valkyrie, Phoenix and Soldier.

The dead bodies of the soldiers and civilians also rose to fight as Morgan levitated in the air raising the undead.

She smiled as she floated to the area where the two dragons fell.

Meanwhile, the forces fighting against the Demon King were on the brink of defeat. The magicians from the academy and from the many towers had exhausted their mana, throwing everything they had at him, while the aura warriors found their aura useless against him.

Their efforts didn't even lay a scratch on it and he picked up several aura fighters and chomped down, biting three of them at one go, leaving entrails hanging out of their remaining body parts.

Suddenly, a bright light hit the Demon King, and his skin blistered and smoked from the light 

"Die you evil beast!" an old man yelled, standing unsteadily. 

It was the Pope, and it didn't look like he recovered much at all

Lex immediately teleported to the site of the battle, appearing from behind one of the nearby buildings. 

The Demon King looked at the Pope and laughed. 

"This is all the Pope can do? I had heard rumors that you are the most powerful human in the land. I guess that must have been exaggerated" he laughed 

"The Pope is the most powerful human. It's just, I'm no longer the Pope" the old man said

Suddenly another light, much brighter and more powerful shot at the Demon King, causing him to flinch in pain and take a step backwards

"Who?" the Demon King yelled

"I am your greatest nightmare. I am the Pope!" Theresa said as she poured on the white magic. 

The Demon King used his wings as a shield and rushed with uncanny speed and grabbed Theresa before she could react. 

"Mmmm.. I love Level 7 meals" he said as his other hand ripped off her clothes. 

"No!" Lex yelled, appearing from a nearby shadow and recognizing that the Demon King was about to do to Theresa what he did to Agartha. 

He launched into action as he slashed the Demon King's shadow, slicing his wrist of the hand that had grabbed Theresa

"Aagh" the Demon King yelled, letting her drop to the ground. 

However, to Lex's surprise, his wrist wasn't chopped off, rather just mildly scratched. 

"Attack!" he commanded as he teleported to catch Theresa's naked body before she landed harshly on the ground. 

"Lex?" she said, seeing Ahmanet, Morrigan, Madelyn, Kali, Selene and Fenrir rush out of the shadows and attack the Demon King

The Demon King roared in anger, seeing what were his former subjects betray and attack him. 

Lily's vines appeared from the shadows, entangling the Demon King's body but they snapped easily as he flexed his muscles. 

Ahmanet, Morrigan, Kali, Selene and Fenrir's attacks barely made scratches on his skin, and Madelyn went through his body, but her body disintegrated inside him. 

The Demon King grabbed Kali with his right hand and Fenrir with his left, biting Fenrir's head off before throwing his headless body aside and ripping Kali in half with both hands. 

He stomped on Ahmanet, smashing her back into shadows while grabbing Morrigan and tearing off her wings as she screamed in pain. Then, he bit directly onto her chest, ripping her breasts with his fangs. 

Lex was stunned. The Demon King really was a monster and had annihilated his leaders in mere seconds. 

He instantly resummoned them and sprang into action. 

"You! You are the leader. You will be a tasty meal!" the Demon King smiled at Lex and licked his lips

"Our master is no one's meals" Morrigan retorted

"He is your worst nightmare" Selene added

"He is.. the Shadow King!" Ivy said proudly

Lex started cursing himself again for using that name in the heat of the moment before. 

"Go! Go Captain Cuck!" one of the injured academy teachers yelled as they retreated from the battle

"I believe in you Captain Cuck" the old Pope said as the naked Theresa brought him away. 

"So... Shadow King... Captain Cuck... we shall see who is superior!" the Shadow King said

10