Chapter 23 – Bites the Dust
1.1k 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After buying ingredients and visiting Elaine-sama's mansion, I finally able to go home. I used my magic to fly to the sky, but when I'm up there I saw bandits attacking a carriage. So I decide to help them, by going down there and giving one of the bandits a punch.

"2 Choices. Flee or Die."

"Huh? Who the fuck are you? Go get her!"

After that, all the bandits charged me.

"Good grief... So you have chosen death..."

One of the bandit got closer to me and attack me with a dagger. I dodge it and touch his back, making my shadow touch his. And I use the shadow storage and put the guy inside. Though he will die, because inside the shadow storage there's no air.

"!? What the hell did you do!"

"That is one of my ability... I called it Bites The Dust. So that guy is no longer exist."

I just made the ability name but it's really called Shadow Storage.

Author's Note: If you say that something has bitten the dust, you are emphasizing that it no longer exists or that it has failed.

"No chants..!? You lot! Be careful dealing with her!"

And after that, more of them attacks me. I keep putting them in my shadow storage, and letting them die inside it. While his allies dies, I didn't even realize that he starts chanting.

"Thunder!"

After he screams, a electric-like energy has come to my way. I tried to dodge it but the attack follows me. And because of that I fall on the ground, and seems to be paralyzed.

"Hehe... You're done now!"

"Nah..."

After replying, I point at the sky. In the sky, clouds is covering the area and making a shadow.

"Your shadow and mine are now connected. Goodbye~"

And I put him inside the shadow storage, and letting him die there. After that I can finally move, and I approach the carriage.

I knocked on the door of it.

"Everything... Is fine now..."

The door slowly opens, and a man with a (wonderful) mustache came to look around.

"Thank you so much young lady... Did you take them all by yourself..?"

"Yes... But why are you traveling, with no guards?"

"Ah, you see... I hired some adventurers to guard us from the other country, but they runaway soon as the situation got bad."

As expected... Some adventures are cowards, and only think about themselves. And after we are talking, the guy (with a mustache) ask someone inside, to give it thanks to me.

When the person shows up it was a girl, and I know this girl. It's Beatrice.

"Ah! You're the demon lord who is disguise as a maid!"

"De... Demon lord!?"

Crap... Right, even if my horns are hidden by this ring, it doesn't change my face.

"You... You're a demon lord!?"

"Ah... I already gave up being a demon lord. Well anyway... Want me to guard you until you reach your destination?"

"A... Are we paying for our lives..?"

"No!"

And after that I manage to convince them, so I guard them while they are going to Avalon. After that we finally arrive at Avalon (again).

"We're finally here..."

The ride using a carriage is so damn slow.

"Ah... Yeah... Thank you..."

Ah right!

"By the way... Now that you know my real identity... While I am guarding you earlier, I already cast a curse upon you both. (Also the driver of the carriage)

"C-Curse!?"

"If you're about to say something about me being a demon lord... You will feel your heart tighten until it stop beating..."

"Eek!"

"So let's promise to each other to not expose me... Okay?"

"Y-Yes!"

After that I leave flying to the sky. I just scared them by this 'curse' nonsense, so they will not say anything to public. I don't want people to ruin my day tomorrow.

And then I finally return to our home with the groceries I bought in the country. When I came inside the house, both Ariel and Beelzebub is not there. So I thought that they are outside, doing something.

After I put the things I bought on the table, I goes far outside and dig a hole. And there I put the guys on my shadow storage. I don't wanna store some corpses...

And after that I return to the house and eventually both of them enter too. I asked them where did they both go, and they answered.

"We put some barriers near the house, so no one will be able to enter."

"Ooh... Thank you for that!"

And the day has ended.

47