Chapter 26 – Demons
1k 10 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Months have passed since my birthday, and the 3 of us have lived peacefully. Beelzebub and Ariel have been close lately, and they seem to be talking  about something as the time has passed. 

These past few months I was thinking why is Ariel's halo is not fixed yet. I feel bad for her to not be able to go back to heaven, so I start to talk to her.

"Ariel... Your halo... Still not fixed yet?"

"You're right... Maybe it will not be fixed anymore, and I will be stuck here..."

While we are talking, Beelzebub has join the conversation.

"Do you know any solution, how to fix an angel halo?"

"I think there are... I think if you give it some power of the holy water, it will fix it self. I think..."

And after that I speaks.

"So why didn't you go on a church to get some holy water..?"

"Well... I'm an angel. If they saw me going there, it will start a rumor or something."

And I came up of something, and tell both of them.

"Then... Why not let me get the holy water for you!"

"Are you sure? Pure demons will burn, if they step even near the church."

What... So it's dangerous for an demon to step near the church. But she said pure demon, but I think I'm not a pure demon... I mean, I am used to be a human before so I still have the heart of a human.

"Let me do something about it..."

After that I head outside and will going to the church in Avalon. Avalon is the only country I know that have a church.

I used my power to fly to the sky to arrive faster to Avalon. While I am flying, I sense someone from below and when I look down, I saw demons attacking the knights.

It seems the knights are guarding the carriage, and for some reason it's giving me a deja vu. I land down near the battle, and the demons has feel my presence.

"I... It's Lucy-sama!"

"Impossible! She's suppose to be dead! The hero return to their world, and she's suppose to be dead!"

So the word about my death cause by the hero spread huh...

After that I step closer to them.

"You... You guys should stop and retreat... I gave up at the role being a demon lord."

The demons look at each other as the knights get closer to the carriage. I can feel someone inside the carriage, and it feels familiar.

"Gave up..? So you finally betray the demons..."

"Huh? I don't betray anyone."

"You don't have the power of the demon lord anymore... You lots! Attack!"

After the demons screams, they charged at me. The demons that can use magic starts to chant and for the demons who is going to fight with their physical strength tries to punch me.

I dodge their attacks and tries to tell them to stop. They seems to be not stopping so I have no choice to fight back.

I made my shadow into a bat, and hit one of them. The demon I hit flew so far that almost hit one of the knight.

Because of that, the knights joins the fight.

"Idiots! Stop!"

I keep screaming to tell them to stop, as I keep dodging the attack of the demon. They still won't stop, and I started to get annoyed.

I need to use one of my ability called shadow bind to stop them, but there's no shadow that connects mine to them. And the sky is also clear.

So I decide to run towards the trees, and they follow me as planned. As the demons follow me, some of the knights follows along.

When all of us are under the tree, I finally can use the ability.

"Shadow Bind!"

The shadows grab onto their legs and stopping them from moving. While the demons is restrained, I approach one of them.

And when I'm about to speak to the demon, one of the knights has appear behind me ready to strike. It hits my back before I even dodge, and my blood scattered everywhere.

"We got you demon lord!"

I can feel the intense pain, from the strike.

"You... You bastards..."

39