Chapter 43 – Another opponent appears!
512 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a while since we defeated one of the demon named Abere. And not gonna lie, she was kinda strong and making me wonder if other demon that is closed to the demon lord is same as her.

While we are walking, I was bored so I started an conversation.

"No enemies has attack or ambushed as for a while huh?"

And Ariel replies.

"Yes... But don't let your guard down."

After that it become awkward because of the silence. Come on! Anyone say something!

And as I talking to myself, I have come up of something to start an another conversation.

"Yo, Ariel. Say-"

As I am about to speak, I looked behind where Elaine-sama and Ariel is, but they're suddenly disappeared.

"Huh...?!"

"What's wrong demon lord-san...?"

"Both of them... Where...?"

"Huh...? Aah! You're right! They're gone!"

Because of their suddenly disappearance, we started to shout out their names.

"Elaine-sama! Ariel!"

"Where the hell are you both!"

And after a while we still haven't got a single response.

"This is weird... Both of them are behind us a moment ago..."

"Elaine-sama... Ariel... Where the hell are you two...?"

And as I say that, someone approach both me and Beatrice.

---Step---Step---Step---

"Don't worry... They're not dead 'yet'..."

"... Who are you? And where did you take both of them?"

"As I said... They're not dead yet...!"

As he said that, he suddenly charged towards me and for some reason he doesn't care about Beatrice (a good thing tho).

"Heh. Rushing towards an enemy. What an idiotic move!"

I made a scythe using my shadow and swing it with a brute force.

"Hmph..."

"?!"

And as the scythe is about to hit him, my scythe or rather... My weapon suddenly disappears. 

He throws a punch on my face making me fall on the ground.

"De... Demon lord-san!"

"Kuh..."

As I am on the ground, I'm wondering, "What the hell happened just now, My scythe suddenly disappeared.".

And what the hell was that punch?! It hurt so much it almost feels like the pain when you hit your pinky toe on a door! Or the feeling when you hit your elbow on a wall! Fuck it hurts!

"How was it? My punch."

"... It's been a while since I feel pain (lies)."

"Been a while? Ha! That's just no ordinary punch, it's one of my ability."

"So it's like... Enchanted or something?"

"So close, It's an ability called Soul Break. Each physical attack came from me will not deal damage on your body but your soul."

"So it's like enchanted."

"..."

"..."

For some reason he is pumped up and suddenly charged towards me and about to give me a blow (punch).

As he attacks me I keep dodging each of it, and for some reason he don't use magic on me. It will be faster to defeat me if he use magic.

"..."

And again. I created a scythe made out of my shadows and tries to hit him with it. But again... It disappears like earlier.

"Again..."

"..."

He just keep throwing random punches that I can easily dodge. And also he suddenly went quiet...

"Oi... At least say something."

"..."

"Oi..."

"I can dispell your magic."

"I already know that!"

I counter him with a kick on his side.

"Guaah!!"

Sure he can dispell magic but I still have my physical strength (that is rather terrifying for humans)

But as expected of him, he seems to not feel the kick (I think). So it's my turn to attack, I charged him and about to give him an another punch.

But he dodges it and punched my left arm.

"Aaaghh!!"

The same pain as earlier. But it's different this time. This time for some reason I can't feel my left arm anymore.

"Can't feel your arm right...? That's the power of Soul Break! If I punched your limbs with full power, I can disabled it and you can't use it anymore."

"Eh? Can't... Use it anymore...?"

"Ahaha! Terrified? That's right! You can't use that arm anymore because the soul attached on your left arm is now gone."

"... Tch."

I charged towards him and create an scythe using my shadows.

"Can't you understand?! You can't use magic!"

As expected the scythe disappeared, but this is part of my plan.

"Ya... I know... NOW DO IT! BEATRICE!"

"Huh!?"

-- "... to shoot the target in my sight. Fireball!"

A giant fireball ball is heading towards both of us.

"Don't underestimate me!"

He turned around and made the fireball disappeared on the air.

"How's that-...!"

And as he turn his back on me, I already sliced him in half using my scythe. And because of that, he died instantly without saying any word.

"As I suspected... You can only dispell one magic at a time."

After that Beatrice approaches me.

"Good work Demon Lord-san!"

"Thanks."

"But... Your arm..."

"Oh this? He did said that I can't use my left arm anymore, but I think he is lying to make me mad or something. It will move soon, don't worry."

"But what if it's true...?"

"...? Then I have no choice to live without an left arm. That's not a  problem as long as I am alive."

"Demon Lord-san... You're rather extreme huh..."

"I noticed a while now... You call me Demon Lord and even add San on that. It feels weird, please stop."

"Eeehh... Then what do you want me to call you?"

"Lilith is fine."

"Then... Lilith-san..."

"Lilith."

"Lilith-san."

"... Fine..."

And after that we continued to search for Elaine-sama and Ariel. That guy said that they are fine and they are still alive and not dead "yet". So it must be some kind of magic to make them disappeared.

I forgot to give the enemy a name... Well, whatever :3

16